Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Coloring your hair

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 8:31 PM
  • 37 Replies

Do you color your hair?  My Boss at work wants to color her hair, but she isnt sure she wants to make it a constant commitment.  She isnt sure though if she likes the gray.   So do you color your hair, and if so is it to hide the gray or to just be different.

by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 8:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MichelleMc
by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 8:33 PM

I have never colored my hair. My family holds back their gray for a long time. When it starts though, I already said I will dye mine gray or silver, whichever I get. My gram & aunt got a silver. My mom got a gray. :) 

Bleacheddecay
by Gold Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 8:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I do color my hair at home, myself. Not to cover the gray but because having blond hair makes me happy.

Maddie24
by Gold Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 8:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Do you think you will get gray hair since you are a redhead?  I am a redhead too.  My sister still has no gray hair at 59 and also a redhead.  I guess eventually the hair color will turn, but I am leaving it alone.  I have another sister who is blonde, and now gray at 58.  She had chosen to color over the gray for years.  She goes to the salon every few weeks.  Not for me!

Quoting MichelleMc:

I have never colored my hair. My family holds back their gray for a long time. When it starts though, I already said I will dye mine gray or silver, whichever I get. My gram & aunt got a silver. My mom got a gray. :) 

MichelleMc
by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 9:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't know. Since I am not like a full "ginger", it could. But since I do have the red, it might not come, or not til real late. My mom didn't go grey until mid 60's and my gram was the same. They don't show the red at all. So I have good gene's with it. 

Quoting Maddie24:

Do you think you will get gray hair since you are a redhead?  I am a redhead too.  My sister still has no gray hair at 59 and also a redhead.  I guess eventually the hair color will turn, but I am leaving it alone.  I have another sister who is blonde, and now gray at 58.  She had chosen to color over the gray for years.  She goes to the salon every few weeks.  Not for me!

Quoting MichelleMc:

Michelle, Body Combat Addict
Proud Mom of Jonathan, Army Soldier and Eagle & Vigil Scout
Proud Navy Submarine Vet WifeTo Jake

atlmom2
by Susie on Feb. 26, 2014 at 9:11 PM
I do. Color and highlights.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rileyscute
by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 9:15 PM

I haven't got any gray at all..I color mine just to keep the red at bay

kimber2465
by Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 9:16 PM

yes- i do it all the time.  i never go more then two shades lighter or darker when i do mine at home. 

KittyGram
by Becky on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:09 PM

I color mine, I have since I was about 30.  It started out as a color change, but it's become necessary to cover the gray.  Big time!

Seashell77
by Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:17 PM

bump

emmygirl31
by Angie on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I have had to dye my gray since I was 29.  I just do my natural color with a few highlights to brighten it.  I went through chemo and lost all my hair.  When it grew back it was dull and the highlights help to brighten it up a bit.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN