Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

I haven't been this dumb since she was 13!

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2014 at 5:19 PM
  • 10 Replies

I am the proud mother of a beautiful young woman & she is the mother of the worlds most wonderful 2 year old. She (the mom of course) has a great job, earns good money, has a nice home and is headed for divorce. It tears my heart out. At first I was all, try this, try that yada, yada. With a 2 year old it is an easy thing to forget about the frilly nighties and the me time. Well she did that, she did everything her husband asked regarding household chores, sex, dinner, etc. She made every effort, shutting off the phone, turning off the TV and a week after Christmas, after he had moved back in for a couple of months, he up and says he is just 'Checked out' and then he left. I am fine with that - she tried, he was stupid, but she won't listen to the advice I give for her to at least speak with an attorney to make sure she is protected. He makes snide remarks about how she knows everything and seems resentful of her success. Careerwise she is light years ahead and I think he is too insecure to deal with it. I am scared to death that she will wait trustingly until she has a mess on her hands. She says 'we are getting along better than when we were together'. Well yeah - he has no family responsibilities, nothing to worry about. He can live with Mama and pay a little for daycare and be the baby daddy that takes her every other weekend. How can a woman this smart not see it for what it is!!! Anytime I mention that she should maybe talk to someone, or have anything to say regarding the fact that his family is not taking her side, I am the meanest woman on the planet. Had to vent.

by on Mar. 1, 2014 at 5:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DixieL
by Dixie on Mar. 1, 2014 at 5:50 PM

I'm really sorry for what your daughter is going through. When they get older, they think they know everything, and they don't and won't take adive. I know that we don't want out kids to go through the same things, make the same mistakes as we did. They think they know everything. Even though, my son, dil, my husband and I are all living together, so we can buy a house together, he still doesn't want me to mother him. He thinks he knows it all. So I just have to let him make his own mistakes, and he learns as he makes them.

jabs54
by Jeanine on Mar. 1, 2014 at 7:02 PM

I agree with you, she needs to call a good lawyer.  Since you have given her your opinion there is not much more you can do.  I hope things work out in the end.  Keep us posted.

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Mar. 1, 2014 at 7:29 PM

You have given her good, might I say excellent, advice and now you can do nothing but cross your fingers that before all is said and done, she will come to her senses and take that advice.  I am sorry that she is going through this and do hope she sees the light soon.  Our adult kids for some reason sometimes think they know more than we do. 

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Mar. 1, 2014 at 10:26 PM

I agree, not much you can do but pray she wakes up soon.

Quoting mac1940:

You have given her good, might I say excellent, advice and now you can do nothing but cross your fingers that before all is said and done, she will come to her senses and take that advice.  I am sorry that she is going through this and do hope she sees the light soon.  Our adult kids for some reason sometimes think they know more than we do. 

Click on my siggy to help find a cure for cancer!

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:12 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 12:07 AM

Welcome to the group,
Aww sorry to hear this .. I do agree she needs to get a lawyer asap,
Hopefully she will see through him & for what he really is.
All you can do is be there foryou.
Hugs to you :)

terri-553
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 11:09 AM

Yes Ma'Am youcan;t do anymore,the advice is great,she will learn the hard way,And I am sorry for he rhaving to,there is nothing else you can do to fix it,Hope she wil listen to her friends??Maybe??

DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Mar. 2, 2014 at 11:39 AM

Sorry about this, but your daughter is an adult and will have to make her own decisions.  Hopefully she will come to her senses and see a lawyer.

chrisol
by New Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 11:49 AM

Thanks everyone, I am living with invisible duct tape on my mouth & my fingers crossed. mmssffphnmmphm.&^%%$#@ - but my girls will survive ;-)

valkay
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 12:40 PM
Too many times people are way too trusting . My dh worked with a guy that was separated for 4 years. His wife and he lived apart but still dated and had sex. He had his check deposited in their joint account. He thought they would be back together. Imagine his surprise when on a Monday after spending the weekend together when the cop showed up at work on Monday to hand hi divorce papers. Not only that but she got the house because she had signed the checks. She got 1/2 of his pension . She screwed him over. At first he told me well it was not her idea to do that it was the lawyers . I said for the lawyer to tell her she had to have gone there
Ambear72
by Amber on Mar. 2, 2014 at 7:11 PM

She may have to learn the hard way!!  Hugs to you both.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)