Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Kitchen Talk- 3/7/14- What is your favorite Italian meal to cook?

Posted by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 7:08 AM
  • 41 Replies

by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 7:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suzeebloch
by Ronna on Mar. 7, 2014 at 7:30 AM

Last night I made pizza - tried a new cauliflower pizza crust recipe to keep it low carb.  It was okay.

MichelleMc
by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 8:37 AM

I don't like to cook, nor am I great at it ( see the first part of the sentence ). I only make spaghetti. 

Why123
by Nancy on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:38 AM

I make pizza.  I use a tortilla and olive oil instead of a crust and tomato sauce.  I like them this way.

Marinefranksmom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 11:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Anything Italian - I love to cook & I'm half Italian!  My favorite Italian meal to cook is probably lasagna.  I do several versions including meatless, vegetable and spinach lasagna but my favorite is a classic lasagna made with my turkey or beef Bolognese sauce.  But, I also love making eggplant parmagiana, chicken cacciatore, pasta e fagioli (macaroni & beans), chicken parmagiana and even a simple spaghetti & meatball meal.  I also enjoy making seafood meals - linguine with clam sauce, mussels steamed in white wine, parsley, garlic over pasta, and tonight's specialty, filet of sole francese.  I could go on but you get the idea.  DH is not Italian but loves my Italian cooking.  My brother's favorite dish was one we used to get at a favorite restaurant; it's called Chicken Rustica.  He's gone now so I make this to remind me of him: chicken breast pieces along with onions, potatoes & Italian sausage in a balsamic brown sauce. 

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 11:47 AM
2 moms liked this

OMG!! I'm coming to dinner at your EVERY night!!

Quoting Marinefranksmom:

Anything Italian - I love to cook & I'm half Italian!  My favorite Italian meal to cook is probably lasagna.  I do several versions including meatless, vegetable and spinach lasagna but my favorite is a classic lasagna made with my turkey or beef Bolognese sauce.  But, I also love making eggplant parmagiana, chicken cacciatore, pasta e fagioli (macaroni & beans), chicken parmagiana and even a simple spaghetti & meatball meal.  I also enjoy making seafood meals - linguine with clam sauce, mussels steamed in white wine, parsley, garlic over pasta, and tonight's specialty, filet of sole francese.  I could go on but you get the idea.  DH is not Italian but loves my Italian cooking.  My brother's favorite dish was one we used to get at a favorite restaurant; it's called Chicken Rustica.  He's gone now so I make this to remind me of him: chicken breast pieces along with onions, potatoes & Italian sausage in a balsamic brown sauce. 

Cindy

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Mar. 7, 2014 at 11:55 AM

No Italian blood at all in me but I do make a good spaghetti, chicken caccitore and a shrimp alfredo.

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 11:57 AM

I was wondering about the cauliflower crust stuff. I like califlower but it just sounds weird.

Quoting suzeebloch:

Last night I made pizza - tried a new cauliflower pizza crust recipe to keep it low carb.  It was okay.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Mar. 7, 2014 at 12:04 PM

It really wasn't that bad.  Of course real pizza is way better, a lot easier and less time-consuming but this wasn't too bad for low-carb!  Next time I'll be sure to have more than just pepperoni and mozzerella for toppings - I want green pepper, red onions and black olives, too.

Quoting Cindy18:

I was wondering about the cauliflower crust stuff. I like califlower but it just sounds weird.

Quoting suzeebloch:

Bleacheddecay
by Gold Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 12:47 PM

Spaghetti or Pizza and I love baked Ziti too. Manicotti is something I love but it feels like too much trouble so I order it on the rare occasions I eat out at an Italian restaurant.

louannwilkins
by Louann on Mar. 7, 2014 at 12:47 PM

I like to cook and any kind of pasta is good.  lol  I make spaghetti, lasagna and I also make pasta where I've cooked asparagus, mushrooms, chicken sometimes, maybe wilt some spinach at the end and add it to the pasta with olive oil etc....YUM

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN