Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Change yes or no?

Posted by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 8:26 AM
  • 34 Replies

Some people are very good with constant change, while others bristle at it.

How are you with change? Even minor changes such as web-page updates? Does it toss you on your ear? Or do you embrace it?

by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 8:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MichelleMc
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 8:51 AM

It depends on how it effects me. Sometimes change isn't good, I can't handle it well. It is part of my OCD I guess. As my doctor says, we can lick a door knob, LOL, but don't mess with our schedule, LOL. it isn't really that bad, but, If I have plans, then they change, I usually get bummed. If a website changes how things are, I am irratated. I get over things but yes it isn't something I roll with easy. 

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:03 AM
1 mom liked this

It all depends on what, and if I created the change or if the change was forced on me.

Back in August,  Gmail completely changed the way new emails were composed and it was really quite a drastic change.  I stumbled upon a Gmail Product Forum and voiced my opinion/frustrations quite loudly there.  Through that forum, I discovered I was able to answer other poster's questions about other features with Gmail (I've been using Gmail since March 4, 2005).  The forum is a volunteer, user-based, peer forum.   One of the volunteer "Top Contributors" has taken me under his wing as my "mentor," I guess because I demonstrated that I actually do know quite a bit about certain features of Gmail that I guess the 'average' person doesn't.  The Gmail forum panel invited me to join their "rising star" program (one step below "Top Contributor") and oddly enough, they did that just this past Tuesday - which was March 4 - so 9 years to the day that I started with Gmail!

Of course now that this new way of composing emails is the default, although there are ways around it, I am now quite used to it and it's not all that bad.  LOL.  

Again, it truly depends on the situation and what has been changed and whether it was voluntary or imposed.  Most of the time I like to think that I am able to "roll with the punches"  

atlmom2
by Susie on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:09 AM

Great.  We moved 9 times in 29 years so we all have to adapt to change.  Our girls have always done very well and actually say now that they are young adults they are glad we moved so many times.  They are much more worldly than kids who have lived in the same state or town their whole life. 

Why123
by Nancy on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:36 AM

I think I adapt to change pretty well.  We are getting a new learning management system.  It will be drastically different from what we have now.  I will have to learn the new system upside down and inside out so that I can help faculty adjust.  I just got my hair cut last weekend.  I went from somewhat longish to maybe an inch long.  That was a big change.  Sometimes I am not crazy about website changes because I can't find my way around anymore.  Stores like to do that too.  As soon as I think I know where everything is, they move it around.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Mar. 7, 2014 at 10:00 AM

wow!!!  That IS a big change! 

My hair is already short but it seems when I ask them to cut it back an inch, they take off more than that and then my hair is just way too short.  This last time I asked for a "trim" and honestly, she didn't take off enough and now I have to fiddle with my hair to keep it looking even half-way decent.

Quoting Why123:

I think I adapt to change pretty well.  We are getting a new learning management system.  It will be drastically different from what we have now.  I will have to learn the new system upside down and inside out so that I can help faculty adjust.  I just got my hair cut last weekend.  I went from somewhat longish to maybe an inch long.  That was a big change.  Sometimes I am not crazy about website changes because I can't find my way around anymore.  Stores like to do that too.  As soon as I think I know where everything is, they move it around.

gonecrazi
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 10:11 AM

I don't do well with change at all.

Why123
by Nancy on Mar. 7, 2014 at 10:45 AM

I wanted it short because it was taking far too long to mess with it in the morning before I went to work.

Quoting suzeebloch:

wow!!!  That IS a big change! 

My hair is already short but it seems when I ask them to cut it back an inch, they take off more than that and then my hair is just way too short.  This last time I asked for a "trim" and honestly, she didn't take off enough and now I have to fiddle with my hair to keep it looking even half-way decent.

Quoting Why123:

mrs.Emm1
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 11:55 AM

I don't know that alot of changes happen with me but when they do, I wouldn't say I get frazzled. One change I don't like is detours, when I'm used to driving somewhere one way, please don't send me in whole other direction, then I'm lost!

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Mar. 7, 2014 at 12:03 PM

I actually think I adjust pretty well to change, having worked in trauma centers and hospitals for years.  Some changes I don't like very much, but I usually handle them pretty well.  I do get more than a bit frustrated to web paage changes and just about the time I figure the change out, they change it again.

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 12:11 PM

I don't like it but I can handle it. It depends on what it is and how much the change effects my life, how long it takes me to embrace the change.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)