Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

QOTD- 3/8/14- Have you seen any signs of spring in your area?

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 8:01 AM
  • 32 Replies

~~Cindy

by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 8:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suzeebloch
by Ronna on Mar. 8, 2014 at 8:09 AM

some trees look like they want to start budding!  and the birds are out.  I've seen squirrels playing around outside, too.  I was out yesterday but honestly wasn't paying attention to see if I could see any flowers blooming yet. 

1L2CMommy
by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 8:14 AM
1 mom liked this
First grass coming through the snow yesterday with the 45 degree day!! Yeah! Of course it's snowing hard this morning.
LEK19
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:26 AM

Nope, not a one! Spring comes later up here in northern Wisconsin than most parts. 

luvnature
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:30 AM
1 mom liked this

I have only seen the geese and ducks flying by and hanging around in the thawed parts of the river in my town. The cardinals are back, I have seen one robin a few weeks ago. There is still way too much snow on the ground to see green grass or flowers popping their heads yet. A few trees are starting to bud even though we still have between 3 to 5 feet of snow in some areas. Some snowbanks are close to 10 feet high. Just hoping it doesn't thaw too fast otherwise we will be in deep doo doo. 

louannwilkins
by Louann on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes with the trees and flowers

mumsy2three
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:51 AM
1 mom liked this

The robins are back, that's a sign most people around here look for when it comes to spring arriving.

KittyGram
by Becky on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:18 AM
Not really. Just some patches of barre ground. We're supposed to have 40 degree weather in the near future...... Maybe then we'll see some signs!!

Edited: And puddles. Lots of puddles.
Marinefranksmom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 12:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Not just yet here in northern NJ.  There are still piles of snow everywhere, ugh!  But the sun is shining brightly today, it's 51 degrees & I heard the birds singing.

Bleacheddecay
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 12:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes. Flowers are popping up!

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Mar. 8, 2014 at 12:45 PM
1 mom liked this

I have crocuses up and I see other friends have daffodils and tulips starting to poke through.  My honeysuckle is starting to leaf out as well.  No sign of a robin yet, but hopefully soon.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)