Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Today is Genealogy Day (3/8)

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 8:17 AM
  • 14 Replies

Have you ever researched your family tree? Did you find anything interesting?

Cindy

by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 8:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suzeebloch
by Ronna on Mar. 8, 2014 at 8:48 AM
1 mom liked this

I haven't personally done any research but in years past went to some family reunions from my dad's side of the family and there were plenty of "relatives" who have done research.  I don't remember having any one famous or anything being found ... lol.

Johnny got his ethnicity done through a site called "23 and Me" and discovered he is only 17% Japanese which is curious since if my mom is 100% Japanese, he should be at least 25%.  So he paid to have Gma tested and sure enough, she is not 100% Japanese.  LOL.  I don't have a spare $100 right now to be tested myself but as soon as I can swing it, I will do the test, too. 

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:01 AM

That sounds like a cool test. I don't think there is hardly anyone the is 100% anything anymore. 

Quoting suzeebloch:

I haven't personally done any research but in years past went to some family reunions from my dad's side of the family and there were plenty of "relatives" who have done research.  I don't remember having any one famous or anything being found ... lol.

Johnny got his ethnicity done through a site called "23 and Me" and discovered he is only 17% Japanese which is curious since if my mom is 100% Japanese, he should be at least 25%.  So he paid to have Gma tested and sure enough, she is not 100% Japanese.  LOL.  I don't have a spare $100 right now to be tested myself but as soon as I can swing it, I will do the test, too. 

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:06 AM

I haven't done this but would like to. It's a lot of work to do it correctly. 

redneck_kids
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:19 AM

Done a little but it cost money and really can't go to far into my family tree. I know I am Irish and German and English. Grandparents were in the circus and traveled around. 

LEK19
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:22 AM

Some members of my family have done some research. It is fun to check into it once in awhile. Full-blown research, no, I have not done that.

Both Don and I have found out that there is an Anna in both sides of our family. Mine goes back a ways in Sweden and she had a lovely singing voice. My youngest daughter, Anna, loves to sing. She is almost always singing. 

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:31 AM

That's really cool!

Quoting redneck_kids:

Done a little but it cost money and really can't go to far into my family tree. I know I am Irish and German and English. Grandparents were in the circus and traveled around. 

redneck_kids
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:40 AM

Quoting Cindy18:

That's really cool!

Quoting redneck_kids:

Yes! I was always facinated by them.

One of their acts. Grandma is getting cut in half and grandpa is doing the cutting. lol I used to wear those shoes when I was little.

louannwilkins
by Louann on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:45 AM

I haven't but I don't know why because it's interesting to me.  I should take the time to do it

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:46 AM

that is so amazing!! What a great picture to have! I'm loving it!

Quoting redneck_kids:

Quoting Cindy18:

That's really cool!

Quoting redneck_kids:

One of their acts. Grandma is getting cut in half and grandpa is doing the cutting. lol I used to wear those shoes when I was little.

~~Cindy

redneck_kids
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:02 AM

I have so many pics of old family memebers some I have no ideal who they are. LOL. She gave me boxes of pics, and I am amazed and so interested in them. Grandparents also had their own sepentarium. Grandpa died by being bite by a poisionous snake that he was feeding. I can't make this stuff up!

Quoting Cindy18:

that is so amazing!! What a great picture to have! I'm loving it!

Quoting redneck_kids:

Quoting Cindy18:

That's really cool!

Quoting redneck_kids:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)