Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Here's how I got through Daylight Saving Time!

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2014 at 9:30 AM
  • 20 Replies
2 moms liked this

I turned my clocks ahead last night before bed and pretended it was 10pm when I went to bed. So when I got up at 7:30, it felt like 7:30 to me. 

I use to change them when I got up in the morning and it really felt like losing an hour. I think this is how I'm going to deal with this from now on!!

by on Mar. 9, 2014 at 9:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MichelleMc
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 9:34 AM

Yeah I do the same. Just go to bed an hour early. It has never effected me. Not sure all the hype about "losing" an hour. Just go to bed an hour earlier. Be happy we will have longer days finally & spring is coming LOL

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Mar. 9, 2014 at 11:03 AM
1 mom liked this

It hit me hard this time but simply because I was up a lot later than I usually am and then lost an hour on top of that!  My cellphone, atomic clock and computers all change automatically, but I have to fix the coffeepot, microwave, stove, bedside alarm clock and wall clocks in LR and bathroom. yeah, I have a clock in the bathroom.  LOL.  Moving the clocks forward 1 hour is easy - its setting them BACK an hour in the fall that takes a few moments longer.  but hey we gain that hour in the fall so have a whole hour to fix those clocks, right? 

terri-553
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 11:50 AM

An hour behind everythingdrinkinghappens everytime,it will take me two  weeks to get back on track and I am having grands all week for Spring Break

LEK19
by Platinum Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 12:32 PM

That is one way to do it!

The time change doesn't really affect me that much on either end. 

rosebud727
by Rose on Mar. 9, 2014 at 12:51 PM

Almost all of my clocks are controlled via remotely, I don't worry about setting anything except a few chime clocks. I always set ahead of time if I can.

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Mar. 9, 2014 at 1:07 PM

I usually set mine ahead before going to bed and with the exception of one year when living in Alaska and had to fall back two hours, the time change has little effect on me.

boys2men2soon
by Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 1:20 PM

My Dh changes all the clocks before bed, too.   Waayyy before bed, like at 7 pm, lol.   It always messes me up!   The clock says it is 9pm, but it is really only 8pm....UGH.

caro100
by Carol on Mar. 9, 2014 at 4:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Well I slept through daylight savings.  Glad I didn't have to be anywhere.

louannwilkins
by Louann on Mar. 9, 2014 at 5:45 PM

I do mine that way too.  I always seem to feel sluggish though either way.  I'm sure it's all in my head though.  lol  :)

Glad for it to be light longer

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Mar. 9, 2014 at 6:26 PM

I used to like the fact that it stayed brighter later.  Here it is, nearly 5:30 and it still feels so early.  And now I go to bed at 8.  LOL.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN