Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

What are you doing today....Thursday?

Posted by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 6:40 AM
  • 20 Replies

come tell us.....

by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 6:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louannwilkins
by Louann on Mar. 13, 2014 at 6:42 AM

Hello...it's way too early for me to be up.  lol  I'm all packed for pet sitting.  I have to stay until Sunday.  This weekend and next weekend.  So...that's about it.  I have a house to go clean before I go over with the dogs.  Hope you have a great day!!!   :)

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Mar. 13, 2014 at 7:01 AM

Good Morning! 

Yesterday was my dad's birthday and I took over the tuna casserole I baked for them.  Got there and told dad I was going to make him a birthday cake.  Dad's like, Oh, you don't have to do that and Mom's like, I'm using the oven right now.  lol.  But I used a recipe I found online for a two-minute chocolate cake in a coffee mug in the microwave oven, then gave dad the recipe.  now he can make his own chocolate cake whenever he wants!  Anyway, that was fun.  

But Mom was making cheese pie (cheese cake) and honestly I think she messed up again.  It looked awfully runny when she poured it into the graham cracker crusts and after 45 minutes in the oven was still pretty runny.  I don't think she used the correct amount of cream cheese. Poor mom.

Before I left, I went downstairs to chat with my brother.  He told me that mom just told him (she went downstairs to talk to my brother when I was baking dad's cake) that my daughter has been going over there weekly to get gas money?  and that my dad has lent her money recently $5000, then $3000 then $1000???  wth?  I need to find out what the heck that's all about but I'm 99.9% sure mom is mixing up past stuff with the present.  Years ago, they did bail her out, paid attorney's fees for DUIs, etc. but I really don't think this is happening now - at least I sure hope it isn't.  I'll check with dad later today on this issue.

Gosh, it's nice having you gals here at MWAK to share this stuff with.  I try telling the cats but they just look at me funny.   LOL. 

Well, I better get to work now. 

Happy Friday Eve!!!!

darmomusaf
by Gold Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 7:42 AM
1 mom liked this

State inspectors are here at work for our annual review, plenty of stress around our offices right now.

DH is taking DD to the hospital this morning for another shot in her back. Praying this one works better then the others.

Quiet evening at home planned for my family!!

Why123
by Nancy on Mar. 13, 2014 at 9:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Working.  It is 16 degrees here.  Tomorrow it is supposed to be back in the 50's.  I can hardly wait.

kuntrylady56
by Gold Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 12:14 PM
2 moms liked this

Waiting for Larry to get back from taking his Mom to get her hair done. Then we're taking the grandkids downtown to the Discovery Center. Its a suprise for them both. Kali has been there on a field trip n school but Theron has never been there.  Larry and I have never been there either so I think I'm excited as a kid.lol  Then we're taking them to Steak and Shake for dinner or maybe getting hotdogs and burgers to cookout on the grill.  

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Mar. 13, 2014 at 12:18 PM
1 mom liked this

There's a Steak and Shake not too far from me and I go past it quite a bit but I've never been there before!  What would you recommend?

and I love it when I get as excited as a kid about things!  lol.

have a good one.

Quoting kuntrylady56:

Waiting for Larry to get back from taking his Mom to get her hair done. Then we're taking the grandkids downtown to the Discovery Center. Its a suprise for them both. Kali has been there on a field trip n school but Theron has never been there.  Larry and I have never been there either so I think I'm excited as a kid.lol  Then we're taking them to Steak and Shake for dinner or maybe getting hotdogs and burgers to cookout on the grill.  

the_kids_mom
by Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 12:26 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm sitting home, watching tv, enjoying a day off from school. The rest of the class is going to the OKC memorial....I've been, so I'm just staying home being lazy. I have a makeup day tomorrow, because of all the snow. It's algebra.,
LeJane
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 12:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I have the day off and have been cleaning my closet, tidying up and doing laundry.   I need to finish grooming the Schnauzers sometime today.   They had their bath and initial shave yesterday,  I have the detailed work to finish up.   I got so tired last night ( post 3 root canals)  and decided to finish it after a good nights' sleep. 

One of my sons is going to visit this weekend with his new girlfriend so I want to finish cleaning as I work Friday and Saturday .

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Mar. 13, 2014 at 12:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm going to do some cleaning out in some of the flower beds and prune back some rose bushes.  The weather this week has been too good to pass up an opportunity to get out and get my hands dirty.  Then I have to tidy up the guest room as my daughter and her family are coming over for the weekend.  I'm excited to see them as I haven't seen them since right after Christmas.  Enjoy your dog sitting and have a great day.

wdswom
by New Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 1:02 PM
1 mom liked this

hello

got the day off, made a beef stew, did the laundry, just watching some TV. and keeping the fire going it's super cold out there today. stay warm my friends. take care..st. patricks day

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)