Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

What do you think about this?

Posted by on Mar. 14, 2014 at 9:49 AM
  • 35 Replies
There is a lady that works at another center. She had some kind of surgery back in November. Nothing to invasive, just something on her neck. At first things at the center were ok, because they had a sub for her. Well that sub had a baby. So for the past month, Management has been taking over her class. It's been a burden on the center because the Managers can't do their jobs. At first she was supposed to be back in Feb. Then she told the office not till April 1st. This is a Head Srart program. So all her students have has a year if not knowing who their teacher is day by day. As a parent that would bother me. Here's the thing. This lady who is supposed to be home recovering. Posted on FB that she is in HAWAII!! She is on medical leave, creating a hardship for the Center and Mamagement, she has asked teachers to give her their aick days. ( we never loose our sick day hours, we loose our vacation pay each year but our sick leave keeps building up.). And she is in Hawaii!

First off don't post stuff like that on FB is your supposed to be home recovering. I think she could have come back but asked the Dr to postpone it so she could go to Hawaii.

So what's your thoughts on this?
by on Mar. 14, 2014 at 9:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mjmorrison
by Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 9:52 AM

I would think see would be looking for another job.

Why123
by Nancy on Mar. 14, 2014 at 9:53 AM

I don't think I would trust her again.

Ambear72
by Amber on Mar. 14, 2014 at 10:22 AM
I don't know what is going to happen when she gets back. They just found our yesterday. Really if you wanna go in a vacation when you should be recovering don't post about it on FB, ESP when you have co workers as friends! GEESH. I will keep you all updates when and if I find something out.
LadySaphira
by Lisa on Mar. 14, 2014 at 10:55 AM

Who's to say you can't recover in Hawaii a well as you can at home? If your just sitting on the beach, I don't see how it will change the revoery rate, if she is parasailing and surfing, then that's a whole different thing.

Either way, if she can afford a trip to Hawaii, she should definitely not be asking for donations of sick days. It sounds like she is expecting her co-workers to fund her vacation by donating their sick days.

KittyGram
by Becky on Mar. 14, 2014 at 10:55 AM

Wow, she really set herself up, didn't she!!!!

MichelleMc
by on Mar. 14, 2014 at 11:02 AM

That is a bit off. And then to post it on facebook with co workers. People just will never get it. Time after time lately things have come forward that they shot themselves in the foot because of stupid facebook posts. 

Ambear72
by Amber on Mar. 14, 2014 at 11:12 AM
I totally agree with you about being able to recover on a beach. It might be something that I would consider. Then I would realize not such a good idea. I just have a feeling though that if she can go to Hawaii she can go to work. It's not a physically demanding job, she has teacher aids. Knowing her she put off coming back to work so she can go to Hawaii. It's not a vacation you plan (for most people) spur of the Moment.

When it comes down to it though it's not my place to judge. I just wanted other peoples opinion. Thanks for yours.

Quoting LadySaphira:

Who's to say you can't recover in Hawaii a well as you can at home? If your just sitting on the beach, I don't see how it will change the revoery rate, if she is parasailing and surfing, then that's a whole different thing.

Either way, if she can afford a trip to Hawaii, she should definitely not be asking for donations of sick days. It sounds like she is expecting her co-workers to fund her vacation by donating their sick days.

Ambear72
by Amber on Mar. 14, 2014 at 11:13 AM
People don't think when it comes to FB. They just want to brag. I may post a lot in it, but I am always very careful about what input on there.

Quoting MichelleMc:

That is a bit off. And then to post it on facebook with co workers. People just will never get it. Time after time lately things have come forward that they shot themselves in the foot because of stupid facebook posts. 

Ambear72
by Amber on Mar. 14, 2014 at 11:14 AM
And I wouldn't post me being in Hawaii or Disneyland or what have you if I should have been home.

Quoting Ambear72: People don't think when it comes to FB. They just want to brag. I may post a lot in it, but I am always very careful about what input on there.

Quoting MichelleMc:

Ambear72
by Amber on Mar. 14, 2014 at 11:14 AM
Yes she did.

Quoting KittyGram:

Wow, she really set herself up, didn't she!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN