Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

What has been your most serious illness?

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 6:27 PM
  • 57 Replies

Have you recovered or you still going through it?

How has your family dealt with you being sick?

~~Cindy

by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 6:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mac1940
by Mary Ann on Mar. 16, 2014 at 6:36 PM
1 mom liked this

In 20ll I underwnt surgery for cancer of the left lung resulting in removal of the lung.  The healing process took awhile and I have to tell you I had the most supportive family in the world.  They took such wonderful care of mine.  The following year I experienced kidney failure and had to go on dialysis and was so very ill for a couple months, again my family showed their true colors and their love.   I am feeling good for the most part now, but I am still receiving great care frim my family.  I feel both blessed and lucky.

DixieL
by Dixie on Mar. 16, 2014 at 6:36 PM

When I had my son, through emergency C-Section, the doctor left the placenta in me. My blood pressure was at stroke or heart attack levels. My had one infection after another. My temperature stayed at 104. My blood pressure never got better. I'm on three blood pressure pills. Before then I was totally healthy. After that, I have had one thing after another happen to me. Still going through a lot of things. When he finally found the placenta, he put it behind his back, and told his nurse to throw it away. If it weren't for my husband, I never would have known about it.

DixieL
by Dixie on Mar. 16, 2014 at 6:39 PM

Quoting mac1940:

In 20ll I underwnt surgery for cancer of the left lung resulting in removal of the lung.  The healing process took awhile and I have to tell you I had the most supportive family in the world.  They took such wonderful care of mine.  The following year I experienced kidney failure and had to go on dialysis and was so very ill for a couple months, again my family showed their true colors and their love.   I am feeling good for the most part now, but I am still receiving great care frim my family.  I feel both blessed and lucky.

I'm so sorry for all the things you had to go through. I'm glad you are feeling a little better now. You and I are the luckiest people, when it comes to our family. My husband and son have been there for me through everything too. My mom was too, when she was still alive.

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Mar. 16, 2014 at 6:56 PM
1 mom liked this

the worst thing that has happened to me is a case of appendicitis. Mark and the kids babied me for about the first 3 days out of the hospital but that is about it.

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Mar. 16, 2014 at 7:02 PM

I hope you sued that doctor.  What a horrible experience that had to have been.  I am so sorry your problems have continued.

Quoting DixieL:

When I had my son, through emergency C-Section, the doctor left the placenta in me. My blood pressure was at stroke or heart attack levels. My had one infection after another. My temperature stayed at 104. My blood pressure never got better. I'm on three blood pressure pills. Before then I was totally healthy. After that, I have had one thing after another happen to me. Still going through a lot of things. When he finally found the placenta, he put it behind his back, and told his nurse to throw it away. If it weren't for my husband, I never would have known about it.

rosebud727
by Rose on Mar. 16, 2014 at 7:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I had two surgeries six months apart back in 2001 and 2002. The first was for a borderline ovarian tumor. Treatment was complete hysterectomy.

The second was for a benign but gigantic liver hemangioma that took two years to get my energy back to normal. I am fine and feel great ever since both.

DixieL
by Dixie on Mar. 16, 2014 at 7:09 PM

Quoting mac1940:

I hope you sued that doctor.  What a horrible experience that had to have been.  I am so sorry your problems have continued.

Quoting DixieL:

Thank you very much. You are not going to believe this, but we didn't sue. Even after he hid the placenta, we were too dumb. He also made it so I couldn't have a sibling for my son. I have this thing called Asherman's Disease. It's wear I haven't been able to have a period, since I was twenty nine, so I couldn't have a period, and I couldn't have another baby. We were too dumb, to think about all these things, so he got away with it.

DixieL
by Dixie on Mar. 16, 2014 at 7:11 PM

Quoting mac1940:

Quoting DixieL:

I forgot to tell you, that I had two doctors that would have testified for me. I was also told it would have been a million dollar lawsuit. If it was today, I would have known to sue.

michelle623
by Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 7:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I just got diagnosed with parathyroid disease. I'm getting a scan and ultrasound done this week to determine where the tumors are so they can operate later.

DixieL
by Dixie on Mar. 16, 2014 at 8:06 PM

Quoting rosebud727:

I had two surgeries six months apart back in 2001 and 2002. The first was for a borderline ovarian tumor. Treatment was complete hysterectomy.

The second was for a benign but gigantic liver hemangioma that took two years to get my energy back to normal. I am fine and feel great ever since both.

I'm sorry for what you had to go through. I'm glad everything is ok now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN