Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

So exhausted. ... of course venting! sry

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 12:43 PM
  • 15 Replies
This whole weekend I felt nothin but complete exhaustion. Physically, emotionally and mentally! Like the life has been suck out of me. My family has been doin really great in tryin to help me lots with the younger kids. My sister had told me my son Mason(5) had gotten into some trouble at school when I was in the hospital. He pulled one of his classmates hair a little girl. He didn't get suspended just sent home for rest of day. Well he goes to school today. Teacher calls because during playtime he goes in area where the girls were playin. Start kicking around things and throwing which a toy hit another little girl in nose causing it to bleed. So I had to pick him up from school this time he is suspended. Now I have to go meet with the little girls parents tomorrow. This has been his behavior all weekend long. Lots of anger. Hitting, biting, throwing things at his sister. To the point where when I tried intervening he would start pulling on my hair and things. Took alot to get him calm. Kept telling me how he wants his dad. He don't like me so fourth so fourth. He does have therapy set up for wed. My 14 yr old goes this afternoon.But my sister and my older kids has been trying to help out. It's alot on me. It seems like my whole life is a huge mess falling apart! I had therapy this morning before picking my son up and it was pretty ok. I basically just cried in session. Talk a bit. She gave some good techniques i will be tryin to help out with the anxiety/panic attacks I'm finding myself having alot of. I know I should be not whining so much like I have ALOT lately! I do appreciate you all for listening and the feedback, advice you all being very encouraging with me! Having another safe place outside my therapy and support group I will be starting back up wed evening. Is nice.
by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 12:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louannwilkins
by Louann on Mar. 17, 2014 at 12:52 PM
1 mom liked this

It's good that you're getting some counseling.  That helps a lot of times to have someone to talk to.  I hope your day gets better.  Remember to take things one day at a time and hang in there.  :)

caro100
by Carol on Mar. 17, 2014 at 1:09 PM

That's what we are here for, of course, listen and encourage and sometimes kick you in the pants if needed.  There is so much turmoil going on in your family these days, its no wonder your son is acting out.  of course he can't go around hitting and kicking, but I think family counselling and individual counselling is a good step forward for all of you, not just the kids.  You as well.  Some parenting classes may be beneficial as well.  I know you have been a mom for a lot of years, but some new techniques to connect and give the kids some framework to live within could help.  Not trying to bash, you're pregnant and exhausted.  Can your sister or another relative come to stay a few weeks to help out until things settle back down?  Take care and lots of hugs.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Mar. 17, 2014 at 1:31 PM

vent away!  we're here pretty much 24/7, no appointment needed and our services are free.  Yes, you have so much on your plate, it's no wonder you are overwhelmed!  Things are so different in the world - I don't know that I would  know where to begin handling 5 year olds - and 2 of them at that.  I'm glad to hear that you do have family that is willing to pitch in every now and then.  How's your 14-yo daughter doing since you have been out of the hospital?  Hoping her attitude has changed for the better ...

We are all on your side!  and hey, it's chilly out there today but the sun is shining.  Hopefully warmer days aren't too far away and perhaps your little ones can get outside to play and burn off some of their frustrations. 

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Mar. 17, 2014 at 1:37 PM

Your young son is probably behaving in a monkey see monkey do fashion - aferall he was probably very aware of the battles between you and his dad.  Hopefully therapy will help  him to realize that's not the way to treat girls or ladies.  You have to be exhausted and with time and rest, you will start to feel better,  You've been through a lot, so no doubt it will take time.  Bless your older kids for pitching in and feel free to vent here when you need to.

brookerenee45
by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 1:43 PM
Thank you hun for the encouragement and feedback. I actually had my counseling early this morning before picking him up from school. He has a session on wed along with his twin sister. My 14 dd goes in this afternoon for her session. Yes I've expressed I would eventually want to get us all in family counseling together because I want to hear their hearts and things. Plus learn how to better handle these situations with all of them. My sister actually had suggest the same thing with parenting classes. The place I'm going thru has support groups and parenting classes so I will check into doing that as well. We my 19 yr old ds is moving back with me. Dues to fact him and his roommates decides they rather waste money on other things besides bills. Than he has 2 tickets that he hasn't paid that I'm sure will turn into warrants that he ask me to pay off for him. Along in "oh mom I'm comin back home!"Ummm ok! Is all I can say. Don't have the energy to even get into discussion with him what he has been doin with his money outside I know him drinking and driving. My sister actually wants us to move back in with her. But I feel like that would be such a disruption in her home. Not sure if when my dh gets out that he will try coming back to her home. I don't want to put them back in danger because of my situation.

Quoting caro100:

That's what we are here for, of course, listen and encourage and sometimes kick you in the pants if needed.  There is so much turmoil going on in your family these days, its no wonder your son is acting out.  of course he can't go around hitting and kicking, but I think family counselling and individual counselling is a good step forward for all of you, not just the kids.  You as well.  Some parenting classes may be beneficial as well.  I know you have been a mom for a lot of years, but some new techniques to connect and give the kids some framework to live within could help.  Not trying to bash, you're pregnant and exhausted.  Can your sister or another relative come to stay a few weeks to help out until things settle back down?  Take care and lots of hugs.

brookerenee45
by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 1:49 PM
My Caitlin has been a little better towards me. She got a bit of attitude on Saturday when I didn't let her go with her friends to the mall. She is still grounded from her last behavior. Plus getting kick out of her school. I told her I will discuss with her father when we both feel she can be trusted enough in being alone at mall with her friends without her sneaking off with some boy or something. So she's been giving me the silent treatment since. I did let her know I'm not doin this to be mean or because I don't want her hanging with her friends. I love her very much but her actions has proven to me that I can't trust her right now. I apologize to her because I know in her mind she doesn't get it or see it how I do right now. Which is expected at her age.

Quoting suzeebloch:

vent away!  we're here pretty much 24/7, no appointment needed and our services are free.  Yes, you have so much on your plate, it's no wonder you are overwhelmed!  Things are so different in the world - I don't know that I would  know where to begin handling 5 year olds - and 2 of them at that.  I'm glad to hear that you do have family that is willing to pitch in every now and then.  How's your 14-yo daughter doing since you have been out of the hospital?  Hoping her attitude has changed for the better ...

We are all on your side!  and hey, it's chilly out there today but the sun is shining.  Hopefully warmer days aren't too far away and perhaps your little ones can get outside to play and burn off some of their frustrations. 

brookerenee45
by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 1:50 PM
Thank you hun! :)

Quoting mac1940:

Your young son is probably behaving in a monkey see monkey do fashion - aferall he was probably very aware of the battles between you and his dad.  Hopefully therapy will help  him to realize that's not the way to treat girls or ladies.  You have to be exhausted and with time and rest, you will start to feel better,  You've been through a lot, so no doubt it will take time.  Bless your older kids for pitching in and feel free to vent here when you need to.

DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Mar. 17, 2014 at 2:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Sorry for your situation.  I hope your son can get all the counselling he needs, so that he doesn't blame you forever for "ruining" his family home life, and grows up to be an extremely angry man.  It is good that you are seeing a counsellor, and hope it helps you.  

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Mar. 17, 2014 at 2:19 PM
1 mom liked this

vent away, we're here for you!

caro100
by Carol on Mar. 17, 2014 at 3:41 PM

Hey,re letti not sure this is a good idea, letting DS come back at this time is such a great idea.  If you do, there needs to be guidelines, including and not limited to RENT MONEY AND CHORES!!! I suggerst you have a roomate agreement  on paper that you both sign to give you both acountabilility.  I am about to do this with my two that I have home with me.  If you don't do something of efore he moves in, you are going to end up even more stressed.  I am sure your sister has discussed this with you.  Have her help you write up the agreement .  If he doesn't abide by it, he needs to go.  If he is home he can be a good influence on his little brother, or he can be a horrible influence.   Anyway Sugar you need a plan before he moves back in.

Quoting brookerenee45: Thank you hun for the encouragement and feedback. I actually had my counseling early this morning before picking him up from school. He has a session on wed along with his twin sister. My 14 dd goes in this afternoon for her session. Yes I've expressed I would eventually want to get us all in family counseling together because I want to hear their hearts and things. Plus learn how to better handle these situations with all of them. My sister actually had suggest the same thing with parenting classes. The place I'm going thru has support groups and parenting classes so I will check into doing that as well. We my 19 yr old ds is moving back with me. Dues to fact him and his roommates decides they rather waste money on other things besides bills. Than he has 2 tickets that he hasn't paid that I'm sure will turn into warrants that he ask me to pay off for him. Along in "oh mom I'm comin back home!"Ummm ok! Is all I can say. Don't have the energy to even get into discussion with him what he has been doin with his money outside I know him drinking and driving. My sister actually wants us to move back in with her. But I feel like that would be such a disruption in her home. Not sure if when my dh gets out that he will try coming back to her home. I don't want to put them back in danger because of my situation.
Quoting caro100:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)