Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Now I've got a fever of 102 *** UPDATE-IN HOSPITAL***

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:56 PM
  • 34 Replies

I took my temp this morning and it was 102.  My dh has the day off so I handed the baby to him and went to bed.  I went to the doc today and did have a "slight" UTI.  He normally wouldn't have treated it but because I passed a kidney stone Monday night and had a clean urine sample at the hospital he gave me antibiotics.   I have a horrible headache and really bad body aches.  2 of my parents said they will not come tomorrow but the one with a 3 yr old and 3 month old said they can't take off so they will be bringing them :/  

Uff da.

So, Thursday had a fever of 103.  Doctor sent me back to ER.  They admitted me and today I went to surgery to have a stent put in my ureter.  They don't want to mess with the stone because of having an infection and that could cause systemic infection.  They are keeping here another night.  I'll have to come back in 2 weeks to have the stent removed and stone taken out at that time.  Saying my pee pee hurts is putting it midly!

by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mac1940
by Mary Ann on Mar. 19, 2014 at 7:34 PM

Hope you are not coming down with a flu bug of some kind.  Feel better soon.

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Mar. 19, 2014 at 7:39 PM

wow, hope your feeling better soon!

Maddie24
by Gold Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 7:51 PM

I am so sorry you are sick!  You have had a time over the past few months.  I hope you are able to get some rest and feel better tomorrow.  You need bedrest!

DixieL
by Dixie on Mar. 19, 2014 at 8:13 PM

I found out from experience that UTI'S are nothing to take lightly. Two times, I had flu symptons. I was really weak, and I kept having problems both ways. I couldn't hold any food or drinks down.. I was so sick, I couldn't take a shower and wash my hair to go to the doctor. After laying there for about five days, both times, I was able to let my mom help me get ready. Both times, I couldn't walk in the ER, I had to go in a wheelchair. They took me right in. As soon as I did the urine sample, they admitted me to the hospital. They said if I had waited any longer, I would have had heart failure. Get a lot of rest, and drink a lot of liquids. Let whoever is coming over take care of you and your kids. I know it's hard, when they are bringing babies with them, but just stay in bed and be waited on while you are sick. I hope you get better soon.

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 8:58 PM

Hope your feel better soon.

jabs54
by Jeanine on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:21 PM

Quoting DixieL:

I found out from experience that UTI'S are nothing to take lightly. Two times, I had flu symptons. I was really weak, and I kept having problems both ways. I couldn't hold any food or drinks down.. I was so sick, I couldn't take a shower and wash my hair to go to the doctor. After laying there for about five days, both times, I was able to let my mom help me get ready. Both times, I couldn't walk in the ER, I had to go in a wheelchair. They took me right in. As soon as I did the urine sample, they admitted me to the hospital. They said if I had waited any longer, I would have had heart failure. Get a lot of rest, and drink a lot of liquids. Let whoever is coming over take care of you and your kids. I know it's hard, when they are bringing babies with them, but just stay in bed and be waited on while you are sick. I hope you get better soon.

Wow,that's scary.  Did you not have pain when you urinated?  I have interstitial cystitis which means I always have a little pain when I urinate.  When I had my pre-op I had a UTI and I didn't know it.  Thanks, I will be careful.  And, my parent with the 2 kids said they have made other arrangements so I can stay in bed tomorrow :)

atlmom2
by Susie on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:31 PM
Feel better soon!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:24 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Mar. 20, 2014 at 12:07 AM

Aww sorry to hear this,
Sure hope you feel better ;)

LEK19
by Platinum Member on Mar. 20, 2014 at 9:54 AM

Are you feeling better today? That is good that you can rest up. The antibiotics should clear up any infections. If you aren't feeling better soon, go back in. You may need a different type of antibiotic. That happened to me once. Cleared up with the second go-around.

If it is a flu, the antibiotics won't help there. 

Pay attention to your symptoms!!!

Get well soon! 

Why123
by Nancy on Mar. 20, 2014 at 10:02 AM

Take you meds, stay in bed and get better.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)