Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

What are you doing today.....Friday, Saturday and Sunday?

Posted by on Mar. 21, 2014 at 7:13 AM
  • 48 Replies

come tell us....

by on Mar. 21, 2014 at 7:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louannwilkins
by Louann on Mar. 21, 2014 at 7:14 AM

Good morning....hope you all had a good night's sleep.  I'm up and having coffee as usual.  No plans today as of yet.  I'm here with the dogs and that's about as much as I know at this point.  lol  Hope you all have a good day  :)

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Mar. 21, 2014 at 7:36 AM
Omg.computers. need I say more? I will log back here later. Some tgif for me. Grr
suzeebloch
by Ronna on Mar. 21, 2014 at 7:49 AM

another freaking update on my laptop.  holy crap.  i hadn't used it since 2011 so you can only imagine all the updates - which I thought I did YESTERDAY.  but NOOOOOOOO.  Windows (for XP) and my AVG decide they need to update more right freaking NOW.  Sheez.  so while I'm waiting on that (where I was when the first batch was updated a few minutes ago and I replied via my smartphone), I can come back here for a moment.  Oh wait,  AVG just finished. sheez.

louannwilkins
by Louann on Mar. 21, 2014 at 8:09 AM

Man, I'm sorry Ronna.  I know you have to be annoyed.  I would be too.  Hope it starts working like you need it too very soon.  Did you update us on finding a "fix" for usual computer? Or your usual way of doing your job?

I am ticked off too.  Believe me.  Yesterday I was SO MAD that I just didn't have a good day.  I'm still mad.  lol  So, I'm pet sitting and the owners sister AND her family are coming up to stay instead of getting a hotel.  The owner told them THREE weeks ago to let her know.  The sister told her Wed night....the day before my pet sitting started.  So...first of all I was lied to.  I was told it was just the sis and for ONE night so she could go to a bachelorette party.  NO, it's the whole family and the whole weekend.  I do NOT want to spend the weekend with people I don't know.  I don't care if it's her family or not.  AND....now on Sunday instead of getting up and going home I will stay here and clean this house and do the 2 bedrooms I've ALREADY cleaned and the bathroom that I've ALREADY cleaned.  It just pisses me off.  I find it rude and inconsiderate quit frankly.  No consideration for me and my feelings at all. I am going to try to put a smile on my face and be nice but I'm not sure how good I am at that.  This particular sis has been here before and made a HUGE mess which I had to clean up.  sigh.....ok....sorry to rant on your page.  Thanks for listening though.  I know it probably doesn't seem like a big deal to anyone but it really is and it disrupts the dogs routine big time too.  Ugh....I need alcohol for breakfast or a nerve pill before I go off on someone.  lol  lol  lol  Take care Ronna and have a good day  :)

Quoting suzeebloch:

another freaking update on my laptop.  holy crap.  i hadn't used it since 2011 so you can only imagine all the updates - which I thought I did YESTERDAY.  but NOOOOOOOO.  Windows (for XP) and my AVG decide they need to update more right freaking NOW.  Sheez.  so while I'm waiting on that (where I was when the first batch was updated a few minutes ago and I replied via my smartphone), I can come back here for a moment.  Oh wait,  AVG just finished. sheez.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Mar. 21, 2014 at 8:55 AM

the owner should make the sister and her family watch the dogs and clean up after themselves.  Are you able to charge the owner "extra" for this added work?  I mean if you have already cleaned and now you have to do it again?  that doesn't seem very fair if she doesn't compensate you for that.  Plus the fact that sister brings her whole family?  come on!!  No wonder you are mad.

Using my laptop - it's slow going but at least I am able to work today.  There were several "technical" things I did yesterday in an effort to "fix" my virtual computer, which were very time consuming - but to no avail.  My brother is going to come over tomorrow to help me though.  KEEPING MY FINGERS CROSSED. 

another thing slowing me down today is the fact the last time I used this laptop was 2011.  So there's 3 years worth of shortcuts that I am missing when I type.  I create these autocorrect shortcuts in Word so that I don't have to type the entire word or sentence or paragraph.  So I'm back to where I was 3 years ago and having to retype lots of stuff.  Grrr.  OH WELL.  :o)

Lou Ann, you and I just need to keep smiling today ... and then we need to plan to meet and have a few drinks !!!!

Quoting louannwilkins:

Man, I'm sorry Ronna.  I know you have to be annoyed.  I would be too.  Hope it starts working like you need it too very soon.  Did you update us on finding a "fix" for usual computer? Or your usual way of doing your job?

I am ticked off too.  Believe me.  Yesterday I was SO MAD that I just didn't have a good day.  I'm still mad.  lol  So, I'm pet sitting and the owners sister AND her family are coming up to stay instead of getting a hotel.  The owner told them THREE weeks ago to let her know.  The sister told her Wed night....the day before my pet sitting started.  So...first of all I was lied to.  I was told it was just the sis and for ONE night so she could go to a bachelorette party.  NO, it's the whole family and the whole weekend.  I do NOT want to spend the weekend with people I don't know.  I don't care if it's her family or not.  AND....now on Sunday instead of getting up and going home I will stay here and clean this house and do the 2 bedrooms I've ALREADY cleaned and the bathroom that I've ALREADY cleaned.  It just pisses me off.  I find it rude and inconsiderate quit frankly.  No consideration for me and my feelings at all. I am going to try to put a smile on my face and be nice but I'm not sure how good I am at that.  This particular sis has been here before and made a HUGE mess which I had to clean up.  sigh.....ok....sorry to rant on your page.  Thanks for listening though.  I know it probably doesn't seem like a big deal to anyone but it really is and it disrupts the dogs routine big time too.  Ugh....I need alcohol for breakfast or a nerve pill before I go off on someone.  lol  lol  lol  Take care Ronna and have a good day  :)

Quoting suzeebloch:

Why123
by Nancy on Mar. 21, 2014 at 9:27 AM

Today working.  My friend is supposed to come by and we are then going to lunch.  No real plans for the weekend.

Why123
by Nancy on Mar. 21, 2014 at 9:28 AM

Louann and Ronna.  I am sorry that you are both having such bad days.  I hope that things get better for you both.

louannwilkins
by Louann on Mar. 21, 2014 at 9:30 AM

What I plan to do is take it off of her time for the week.  Then if she wants more cleaning since I won't be here during the week as much as normal she'll have to pay for it.  I'm still livid.  lol  Oh if we lived near each other I imagine we'd go to dinner or lunch a lot.  lol  I hope you can figure out what the problem is so that next week you aren't still dealing with this. 

Oh and the reason the sister isn't watching the dogs is because of the construction here and the routine the dogs now have.  It's really awful but I've been a good sport...no a GREAT sport about all of that!!!  LOL  Plus she said she wasn't going to just cancel on me at the last minute.  Honestly what she should have done is tell her sis that she isn't trying to be mean but it's too late and that she'll have to figure out something else.  She lives about 2 hours from here.  Maybe an hour and a half.  Anyway...I'm smiling!!!!!!!   LOL

Quoting suzeebloch:

the owner should make the sister and her family watch the dogs and clean up after themselves.  Are you able to charge the owner "extra" for this added work?  I mean if you have already cleaned and now you have to do it again?  that doesn't seem very fair if she doesn't compensate you for that.  Plus the fact that sister brings her whole family?  come on!!  No wonder you are mad.

Using my laptop - it's slow going but at least I am able to work today.  There were several "technical" things I did yesterday in an effort to "fix" my virtual computer, which were very time consuming - but to no avail.  My brother is going to come over tomorrow to help me though.  KEEPING MY FINGERS CROSSED. 

another thing slowing me down today is the fact the last time I used this laptop was 2011.  So there's 3 years worth of shortcuts that I am missing when I type.  I create these autocorrect shortcuts in Word so that I don't have to type the entire word or sentence or paragraph.  So I'm back to where I was 3 years ago and having to retype lots of stuff.  Grrr.  OH WELL.  :o)

Lou Ann, you and I just need to keep smiling today ... and then we need to plan to meet and have a few drinks !!!!

Quoting louannwilkins:

Quoting suzeebloch:

louannwilkins
by Louann on Mar. 21, 2014 at 9:31 AM

Going to lunch sounds like FUN!!  Enjoy   :)

Quoting Why123:

Today working.  My friend is supposed to come by and we are then going to lunch.  No real plans for the weekend.

louannwilkins
by Louann on Mar. 21, 2014 at 9:31 AM

Aww thank you Nancy!!  I appreciate that and I know Ronna will too.  You're sweet.  Hope your day is good!!  :)

Quoting Why123:

Louann and Ronna.  I am sorry that you are both having such bad days.  I hope that things get better for you both.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN