Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Nothingbad this time,well unless you count being on a diet bad.lol  But have officially put myself on a diet. Right now I'm at 250lbs and should weigh for my height between 115-150! So I am considered obese,not just overweight.  A couple years ago I did this and was able to loose about 30 lbs in about 3-4 months time. But then I got lazy again and just stopped exercising and not really focusing on what I ate,so it all came back!!

So The last week I've been counting my calories but haven't really been exercising yet..  

I do not really have any friends to go walking with or to the gym with so will be needing you ladies to keep me on track.  I'll mainly be doing exercises at home,walking and I have a stationary bike to ride(never learned how to ride a real one).

I've signed in on the WEBMD sight for weight loss management program and I should only be taking in like 1300 calories a day after eating like 1600 and then doing exercising to burn off a certain percentage.  

So is anybody else trying to loose weight?  And if you lost a significant amount,how did you do it?  Any suggestion are welcome. Except any fad diets,don't think I could just eat cabbage or something like that.lol

Wish me luck ladies! dumbbelltreadmill

by on Mar. 22, 2014 at 12:45 PM
Replies (11-20):
indiamom3
by Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 6:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Good luck on your new eating style!! After trying to lose it on my own, I finally joined Weight Watchers with a friend. I need to be held accountable, and the meetings do that! I started at 210, lost 9 lbs on my own, started WW at 201 and am now down to 177. The weight lately has been coming off slow, so I've needed the support! Exercise is hard for me too - luckily my dog gets me off my butt now that ski season is almost over!
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Tuesday at 11:12 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Mar. 23, 2014 at 12:03 AM

Am always watching what I eat ..
Just had this discussion with a gal in my group,
She has lost a lot of weight with exercise & watching portion sizes.
You can do this & we'll be here to cheer you on :)

DixieL
by Dixie on Mar. 23, 2014 at 2:20 AM

I didn't know it, but my dil is four hundred pounds. She is in the hospital with celulits and three different blood clots. The doctor told her in a not nice way about her weight. I think it's so mean to tell someone in a mean way. I don't see her eat that much, but she must. I wish you very much luck. I'll be thinking about you. Good Luck.

suesues
by Bronze Member on Mar. 23, 2014 at 7:55 AM

been on nutrisystem since 1/22 only lost 7 pound (Idont have much to loose can only eat 1100 cal a day) But my friend has been on same amount of time lost 16 already Pricey but works when you need to losse alot.

coffeeandsugar
by Member on Mar. 23, 2014 at 8:44 AM

I wish you all the best with this new diet. I hope it can be incorporated into your lifestyle so you could maintain it. 

scold-01
by on Mar. 23, 2014 at 9:35 AM

I tried biggest loser diet and site....lost 50 pounds, but when my dad died, I gained all back... need to lose 80 pounds....good luck and I wish the best for you...the key???? exercise,exercise...

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Mar. 23, 2014 at 11:08 AM

good luck!

terri-553
by Silver Member on Mar. 23, 2014 at 1:33 PM

treadmilldumbbellI have missed the Gym,twice this week,due to hurting my leg,Anyway,it isn;t easy,I have been going to the Gym for over a year now,it just takes time and work.I have a favorite food group called ice cream.No breakfast

LeJane
by Bronze Member on Mar. 23, 2014 at 3:05 PM

Hugs !   

You go girl...   :-) ,

My suggestion is to not weigh yourself  except for once a month or every other month.   It is better to listen to and analize your body rather than to let the scale make or depress the day.     Changing the way you look at it and not letting the focus be on loss will make it a better experience.    Focus on health, positive thoughts, a challenge to yourself and just enjoy each day.    Love who you are right now and go from here.  

Envision who you want to be everytime you decide what to eat.   Only water or green tea after 6:00 pm.     The weight will go off fast...

jabs54
by Jeanine on Mar. 23, 2014 at 4:53 PM

Good luck!!!   I lost 80 lbs but since my surgery have put on 15-20 back :(  The only way I lost was to not eat very much and exercise a lot, many times a day.  I walked during the day, rode my bike and went to the gym 4 times a week.  It is super hard for me to lose.  I hope this summer I can get back on track.  Keep me posted.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)