Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Nothingbad this time,well unless you count being on a diet bad.lol  But have officially put myself on a diet. Right now I'm at 250lbs and should weigh for my height between 115-150! So I am considered obese,not just overweight.  A couple years ago I did this and was able to loose about 30 lbs in about 3-4 months time. But then I got lazy again and just stopped exercising and not really focusing on what I ate,so it all came back!!

So The last week I've been counting my calories but haven't really been exercising yet..  

I do not really have any friends to go walking with or to the gym with so will be needing you ladies to keep me on track.  I'll mainly be doing exercises at home,walking and I have a stationary bike to ride(never learned how to ride a real one).

I've signed in on the WEBMD sight for weight loss management program and I should only be taking in like 1300 calories a day after eating like 1600 and then doing exercising to burn off a certain percentage.  

So is anybody else trying to loose weight?  And if you lost a significant amount,how did you do it?  Any suggestion are welcome. Except any fad diets,don't think I could just eat cabbage or something like that.lol

Wish me luck ladies! dumbbelltreadmill

by on Mar. 22, 2014 at 12:45 PM
Replies (21-25):
maryBlanche
by Bronze Member on Mar. 23, 2014 at 11:38 PM
1 mom liked this

I go to weight watchers.  It keeps me in check. The people are so nice there and we give each other support as well as ideas.  You can do it online now, but I need to weigh in to be accountable.

Ambear72
by Amber on Mar. 24, 2014 at 12:03 AM

you can do it!!! Good luck!!!  IM me if you want more support!

KittyGram
by Becky on Mar. 24, 2014 at 6:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I've been out of the loop for the past few days and am now just seeing your post. Are you sure you're not me???? Everything you wrote could be me..... I started out at just over 250; should weigh no more than 150 for my height; have never learned how to ride a bike..... I am, however, working out every day. I set a goal back in January to work out for 100 days, no excuses. Today will be day #75.

I started eating better this time around on December 29.... Started exercising the same time, by it wasn't till January 10 I think that I made the commitment to be consistent. I have a stationary bike... I started out at only 4 minutes. Now I'm up to 40 minutes!! I joined weight watchers in early February, because I knew I could be doing better with the food choices. I've lost 22 lbs so far.
KittyGram
by Becky on Mar. 24, 2014 at 6:19 PM
1 mom liked this
1200 calories for you isn't enough. Bring it up to 1400 to 1500, and I bet your weight will start coming off!

As for working out, it's the aerobic, the cardio, that takes weight of. Walking, riding bike, working out with an aerobic DVD, zumba.... Those will take it off. Crunches are great for toning, but will actually build muscle, which weighs more than fat does.

My doc told me, to lose weight, cardio five times a week, 30 to 45 minutes a day. She said if I wanted to continue to do the toning exercises, to do those two to three times a week, but in addition to the cardio, not in place of it.

Quoting Mariagma3:

Good luck! I'm about 247, and should weigh around 150 tops. I'm trying to keep my calories around 1200 everyday. I'm not doing the best, but I'm not gaining either. I'll get there somehow..:) I will probably start doing crunches again. Good luck, you can do it!

KittyGram
by Becky on Mar. 24, 2014 at 6:29 PM
Do you cook? I can give you some great websites that list all the nutritional information, including calories, fat, carb, fiber, protein, and smokiness even list the weight watchers points and points plus!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)