Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Clobberhead the dog uses nose to save the day

Posted by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 5:50 PM
  • 14 Replies

All hail Clobberhead, the gas-smelling superdog.

Shelbyville, Ind., resident Erin Cramer has her family's newly adopted greyhound, named Clobberhead, to thank for saving her from a potentially explosive situation.

Cramer, who picked Clobberhead up from a rescue group a few months ago, said he started acting strangely one day when she stayed home sick from work.

He started banging his head against a wall, and when she took him outside for some air, he dragged her back inside.

It wasn't until the dog successfully convinced Cramer to open the door to her laundry room that the danger finally hit home. It turns out there was a natural gas leak coming from the apartment's laundry room.

"This wall of gas just came pouring out," Cramer told Fox59. Even scarier, her water heater had sprung a gas leak and, even more alarming, it was sparking.

Cramer said that experts told her that the sparks would have likely ignited the gas fumes and "taken out not only this house but several around me."

"If it wasn't for him (Clobberhead) coming into our lives, we probably wouldn't be here right now," Cramer said.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/clobberhead-the-dog-uses-nose-to-save-the-day-154750054.html?vp=1

good

by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 5:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LEK19
by Platinum Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 5:53 PM

It amazes me when pets save their owners like that! 

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Mar. 25, 2014 at 5:55 PM

wow, WTG Clobberhead!

DixieL
by Dixie on Mar. 25, 2014 at 5:58 PM

Getting that dog, was meant to be. That is so great, that Clobberhead saved the families lives. That's one reason I love dogs so much.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Mar. 25, 2014 at 6:08 PM

The link doesn't work.  Love the story, though!

Esmrlda
by Esme on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I know, its amazing.

Quoting LEK19:

It amazes me when pets save their owners like that! 

Esmrlda
by Esme on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:24 PM

What a good dog.

Quoting LadySaphira:

wow, WTG Clobberhead!

marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Great story!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Esmrlda
by Esme on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree, what great timing. Someone was watching out for her. Do you have Dogs?

Quoting DixieL:

Getting that dog, was meant to be. That is so great, that Clobberhead saved the families lives. That's one reason I love dogs so much.

Why123
by Nancy on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:29 PM

Awesome.

DixieL
by Dixie on Mar. 26, 2014 at 6:54 PM

Quoting Esmrlda:

I agree, what great timing. Someone was watching out for her. Do you have Dogs?

Quoting DixieL:

My husband and I have a lab mix, named Buddy. He adopted Rick as his dad. He loves us and tries to protect us. Sometimes we play and act like we are going to hit each other. He runs around us barking and trying to save us from each other. He is adorable, Jason and Amanda have three cats, named Kitten, Molly and Panda. I used to not like cats, until they came into my life. I thoughts all cats were the same. Those three showed me how wrong I was.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)