Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dating sites

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:34 PM
  • 19 Replies
I read somewhere in CM about a free dating site. I opened an acct but never used it until recently.
So I talked to a few men there. I met four of the five I talked to.

One guys profile said he was 45. We met and he was probably 60 and was missing some teeth. Ugh!

Next one was bold, short, big belly and 47. Annoying as hell. After lunch he wanted me to kiss him, he said we were dating and wanted to take me to all this expensive restaurants. Ah, no thank you! He looked like a shrek frog. I said we aren't dating, we just met. I'm not desperate either. He said but how can you be alone and be fine with it? I said bc I can. That was a one day nightmare.

Then I met a guy that's 45 I believe, tall, in shape, nice guy but no click for me. We could be friends if he will accept that. Her isn't ugly but not my type I guess. Something was missing there.

Finally, last night I went out with a friend I made at the college. She is 29 and single. I'm new in town but I heard about a pub that was cool to go so we went there. She met this older man and kept talking and talking. I ended up kind of by myself. Then I got a text from one of the guys I hadn't met yet. I told him where I was and he came over.
I was pleasantly surprised. Except he was not tall and had a small belly situation going on but at least he was 41. He wasn't bad looking but maybe not to smart. I think I like him more to become friends than anything else. I can see us more in that way. I kind of thought he even might be gay. I'm not sure why I felt that way but I did. He might not want to admit it to himself or maybe I'm being stupid. I don't know.

Any ways, this made me realized I do like tall, thin, younger men. When I was talking to this guy, a younger tall one walked by and smiled at me, I smiled back and thought too bad I'm here with this guy and can't get to know the other one.

Maybe I'm being shallow but I was thinking if I go for someone older and shorter and not so thin or fit, no one would think I'm still in love with my ex. But my type is like my ex. What can I do?

I feel I'm too active for someone my age or older. At least the few people I've met they were slow and I can't do slow. That drives me nuts!

I feel I'm finally ready to meet someone but I don't know how. I close that dating site. I don't want more frogs or fake ages.

by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bonnie_
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Let me guess... it  was OK Cupid.

flika
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:56 PM
Lol yes πŸ˜–πŸ˜³

Quoting Bonnie_:

Let me guess... it  was OK Cupid.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:56 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 12:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Glad you're ready to meet others now,
I think you should try another site & keep trying.

You will find that one you'll click with in time.
You know it takes time.
Good luck :)

Quoting flika: I read somewhere in CM about a free dating site. I opened an acct but never used it until recently. So I talked to a few men there. I met four of the five I talked to. One guys profile said he was 45. We met and he was probably 60 and was missing some teeth. Ugh! Next one was bold, short, big belly and 47. Annoying as hell. After lunch he wanted me to kiss him, he said we were dating and wanted to take me to all this expensive restaurants. Ah, no thank you! He looked like a shrek frog. I said we aren't dating, we just met. I'm not desperate either. He said but how can you be alone and be fine with it? I said bc I can. That was a one day nightmare. Then I met a guy that's 45 I believe, tall, in shape, nice guy but no click for me. We could be friends if he will accept that. Her isn't ugly but not my type I guess. Something was missing there. Finally, last night I went out with a friend I made at the college. She is 29 and single. I'm new in town but I heard about a pub that was cool to go so we went there. She met this older man and kept talking and talking. I ended up kind of by myself. Then I got a text from one of the guys I hadn't met yet. I told him where I was and he came over. I was pleasantly surprised. Except he was not tall and had a small belly situation going on but at least he was 41. He wasn't bad looking but maybe not to smart. I think I like him more to become friends than anything else. I can see us more in that way. I kind of thought he even might be gay. I'm not sure why I felt that way but I did. He might not want to admit it to himself or maybe I'm being stupid. I don't know. Any ways, this made me realized I do like tall, thin, younger men. When I was talking to this guy, a younger tall one walked by and smiled at me, I smiled back and thought too bad I'm here with this guy and can't get to know the other one. Maybe I'm being shallow but I was thinking if I go for someone older and shorter and not so thin or fit, no one would think I'm still in love with my ex. But my type is like my ex. What can I do? I feel I'm too active for someone my age or older. At least the few people I've met they were slow and I can't do slow. That drives me nuts! I feel I'm finally ready to meet someone but I don't know how. I close that dating site. I don't want more frogs or fake ages.

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Mar. 31, 2014 at 12:27 AM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like a nightmare and precisely the reason why if I am ever (death/divorce) facing life without Mark by my side, I am becoming the neighborhood crazy cat lady. 

Support cancer awareness here #mce_temp_url#

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Mar. 31, 2014 at 6:30 AM

Flika, let me share something with you regarding "online" "dating."

First and foremost, you must realize that no matter what site you visit, most of the men there are going to stretch the truth. about everything.  Why?  Because they are horny.  seriously.  All they want is to score.  They assume if they meet you in person they stand a way better chance of getting under your skirt regardless of what they stretched.  lol.  ugh, right? 

They won't all be that way but I know exactly what you mean about those frogs.  It's true what they say about having to kiss a lot of frogs before you find Prince Charming.  I'm sorry, but I'm done looking for Prince Charming!

I've been divorced from my 2nd husband since 1997.  I was in a monogamus relationship after that with two men - one for 7 years, one for 3 years and after that last one ended, that was it.  I've decided at my age I'm no longer looking for anyone permanent let alone "Prince Charming" and I am perfectly content with this.  I have a couple of very good FWB and one F w/o B and for me right now this works.  I know it's not for everyone.  

anyway, good luck.  have fun.  but don't settle.    :o)

flika
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 6:50 AM
I think becoming the crazy cat lady is a better choice Lol

Quoting LadySaphira:

Sounds like a nightmare and precisely the reason why if I am ever (death/divorce) facing life without Mark by my side, I am becoming the neighborhood crazy cat lady. 

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Mar. 31, 2014 at 6:52 AM

Cats are great company IMO, and there are certain products for other needs wink

Quoting flika: I think becoming the crazy cat lady is a better choice Lol
Quoting LadySaphira:

Support cancer awareness here #mce_temp_url#

flika
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 7:01 AM
I thought I was done too but I'm guessing I'm not yet. I was with my ex since 1996 until 2010. Then by myself. Since we move I don't know why I had this sense of happiness that I thought it would be nice to meet someone and be able to hang out, talk, movies, dinner. Just the company of someone I like besides my kids. I figure why not. I met this couple who met on that website and I thought it might work but mmmm I didn't know it was going to be that crazy.

For sure I won't settle for anything this time, even if it means I'll be alone for ever. But I'm not kissing frogs either ugh, gross!!

And I get it, this Horny men are only thinking with the wrong head Lol!! I'm amazed to see that the older they get, that mentality never change!!!

I went out with a friend on Saturday and she met this really old man and I didn't understand why she decided to hang out with this guy. She togs me last night he was telling her how he is dying, something that his heart is doing Every year. I said to get, mine too Lol maybe he wasn't lying but I have a hard time believing him. In the beginning he said he realized that telling girls he meets his wife passed away, helps him get the girls. Somehow she missed that part. And to this guy bc I didn't talk to him, it meant I was shy. I said, I'm not interested in what you are saying Lol. I had fun savvy ways. I really didn't know men at all ages were the same way as in HS. Lol.

It was fun to see. I guess if anything, I'll just have more story's to tell until I decide enough is enough and maybe be forever alone πŸ˜±πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹

Quoting suzeebloch:

Flika, let me share something with you regarding "online" "dating."

First and foremost, you must realize that no matter what site you visit, most of the men there are going to stretch the truth. about everything.  Why?  Because they are horny.  seriously.  All they want is to score.  They assume if they meet you in person they stand a way better chance of getting under your skirt regardless of what they stretched.  lol.  ugh, right? 

They won't all be that way but I know exactly what you mean about those frogs.  It's true what they say about having to kiss a lot of frogs before you find Prince Charming.  I'm sorry, but I'm done looking for Prince Charming!

I've been divorced from my 2nd husband since 1997.  I was in a monogamus relationship after that with two men - one for 7 years, one for 3 years and after that last one ended, that was it.  I've decided at my age I'm no longer looking for anyone permanent let alone "Prince Charming" and I am perfectly content with this.  I have a couple of very good FWB and one F w/o B and for me right now this works.  I know it's not for everyone.  

anyway, good luck.  have fun.  but don't settle.    :o)

suesues
by Silver Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 9:13 AM
1 mom liked this

you can t  expect to met prince charming right away on sites you have to kiss alot of frogs  Why not try and enjoy it  just date and not look for mr wonderful took me a year 

flika
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 10:27 AM
I don't even know how to meet people. That's the first problem right now. I would just date if I could meet someone I like.
When I work at the dealer I got asked out a lot but none I liked and I wasn't ready. Now I could but don't know where to start πŸ˜₯

Quoting suesues:

you can t  expect to met prince charming right away on sites you have to kiss alot of frogs  Why not try and enjoy it  just date and not look for mr wonderful took me a year 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)