Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

QOTD- 4/3/14- When was the last time you had a conversation with a stranger?

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:49 AM
  • 22 Replies

What did you talk about?

~~Cindy

by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MichelleMc
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:08 AM

A few minutes ago! It is part of my job really. I end up having all kinds of unique conversations with strangers. My supervisor is teasing the heck out of me because my live monitor from Monday I talked "too long" to a customer. 

But I do all the time talk to strangers in the stores or at places, etc. 

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:11 AM

Last weekend at the grocery store or Walmart, I would assume.  lol.  I don't honestly remember.

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:09 AM

I talk to people all the time in the grocery store, doctor's offices, etc. I don't really remember the last conversation.......

atlmom2
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:14 AM
Yesterday getting a pedicure.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Why123
by Nancy on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:10 AM

Part of my job is to answer the phones and help faculty so probably a couple of days ago.

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:41 AM

Yesterday. I was interviewing potential babysitters.

LEK19
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Yesterday at the library in the town next to us. Talked about the library and the area. 

And the day before in the grocery store to the person behind me. Talked about bags and shopping and nice people. 

valkay
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:57 AM
Monday at the grocery store we talked about weird customers.
My husband cannot understand how or why people talk to me no matter where I am. One day I was in the restroom at a store and some lady started talking to me . One day I called for airline tickets and was on the phone almost an hour. I was told where her daughter went to college all kinds of things.
Longest conversation with a stranger over the phone was with our medical insurance. For 2 hours. I kept telling her maybe she would get trouble. She said She was retiring . She ended up telling me if I wanted to ride with her to Texas I could. She was going with her camper and my son and his family were at fort hood..
mac1940
by Mary Ann on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:31 AM

I too never go anywhere without having a conversation with a stranger or two or three.  Yesteday standing in a check out line at a grocery store, I had a conversation with the man standing behind me about the outrageous price of meat

caro100
by Carol on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:41 AM

It was a couple of weeks ago.  I was in sam's club and this woman was going to buy some blueberry bushes.  I gave her advice on planting it, because our soil around here kills blueberry bushes.  You have to put peat moss around them , so they are actually planted in peat moss and not soil.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)