Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How you deal with stress?

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:59 PM
  • 11 Replies
At work this morning the doctor who I work with told me I turn to get her something and I blackout collasped right there in middle of her looking at a patient! Now how much more embarrassing can it get!?! She said I was out a good 5 mins. My blood pressure extremely low, along with my blood sugar (I don't eat or anything as I need to) I intend to forget to eat. I know that's not best esp bein pregnant! On top of stress! So she just wants me take tomwr off and get myself some rest. Return back to work on Monday. This is my first week at my new job and I feel like I'm failing at my job already! I don't know how do I even rest take it easy when I have soooooo much to handle, deal with. I can feel myself becomin very exhausted and overwhelmed by everything. But I'm not sure how to juggle it all. Only one person . I can't not stop bein a mom. My lil ones need me. Now my grandson bein born and that whole situation. Thank goodness the dh is still behind bars! I need a vacation just one week! How do you all deal with feelings of bein extremly overwhelmed burnt out??Lol.... ok sorry I feel.as I'm ALWAYS whining complaining wayyyyy too much bout my life!
I hope everyone day is going well!
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mac1940
by Mary Ann on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:51 PM

It is important that you do things to keep you healthy, things like eating right and sleeping.  If you don't take care of you, you won't be able to take care of your kids.  You have a whole lot on your plate, there is no denying that.  And life for you is complicated and oh so busy.  Take the time to eat breakfast - not just a cup of coffee, but breakfast.  While it will be hard to make time for everything, prioritize your day.  And make a little time for you, even just enough for a bubble bath once the kids are down for the night.  I deal with stress by finding something else to focus on and get my mind off what is stressing me - sometimes, taking a long ride by myself, somethimes by pulling every weed in my flower beds and sometimes by cleaning cupboards.  But I admit  I am not under the same stresses you are.  I just know that in times of severe stress and as you discovered when you passed out, it is you.  Take care.  Yoga is also a very good stress reliever.

LeJane
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:21 PM

Inspite of circumstances, I have learned how to rise above "it all"  by controlling my thinking and accepting what I can't change.   (don't try to fight facts)

When getting through extreme stress,    keep positive thoughts and stay logical.   If we aren't careful or aware,  emotions will wipe us out.   Sometimes we go through some pretty difficult times,    Our thoughts and the emotional state we allow ourselves to be in can be worse than our circumstances.  This is one part we can change.   Do what you can and allow yourself time to relax.... 

Take a deep breath,  make sure to make some time for yourself.    Schedule a massage, a hair appointment, a weekend off, breakfast with girlfriends-  whatever, just so you have something to look forward to amidst difficulty. 

I play on CM,  listen to audio books, eat chocolate or Cheetos,  drink some hot tea,  work on a small  project I know I will finish,  turn on the TV,  put my efforts into doing something for someone else, go "hunting" on ebay :-).   Sometimes just doing something physical helps, vacuum the whole house, do some jumping jacks, take a walk....  

Hugs !!    Get in a habit of repeating positive thoughts to yourself and make sure to laugh every day- it is the best therapy.    

brookerenee45
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:28 PM
Thank you hun for the encouraging feedback.

Quoting mac1940:

It is important that you do things to keep you healthy, things like eating right and sleeping.  If you don't take care of you, you won't be able to take care of your kids.  You have a whole lot on your plate, there is no denying that.  And life for you is complicated and oh so busy.  Take the time to eat breakfast - not just a cup of coffee, but breakfast.  While it will be hard to make time for everything, prioritize your day.  And make a little time for you, even just enough for a bubble bath once the kids are down for the night.  I deal with stress by finding something else to focus on and get my mind off what is stressing me - sometimes, taking a long ride by myself, somethimes by pulling every weed in my flower beds and sometimes by cleaning cupboards.  But I admit  I am not under the same stresses you are.  I just know that in times of severe stress and as you discovered when you passed out, it is you.  Take care.  Yoga is also a very good stress reliever.

brookerenee45
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:31 PM
Made a very good point. I appreciate your encouraging feedback. Will start to do better takin care me first!

Quoting LeJane:

Inspite of circumstances, I have learned how to rise above "it all"  by controlling my thinking and accepting what I can't change.   (don't try to fight facts)

When getting through extreme stress,    keep positive thoughts and stay logical.   If we aren't careful or aware,  emotions will wipe us out.   Sometimes we go through some pretty difficult times,    Our thoughts and the emotional state we allow ourselves to be in can be worse than our circumstances.  This is one part we can change.   Do what you can and allow yourself time to relax.... 

Take a deep breath,  make sure to make some time for yourself.    Schedule a massage, a hair appointment, a weekend off, breakfast with girlfriends-  whatever, just so you have something to look forward to amidst difficulty. 

I play on CM,  listen to audio books, eat chocolate or Cheetos,  drink some hot tea,  work on a small  project I know I will finish,  turn on the TV,  put my efforts into doing something for someone else, go "hunting" on ebay :-).   Sometimes just doing something physical helps, vacuum the whole house, do some jumping jacks, take a walk....  

Hugs !!    Get in a habit of repeating positive thoughts to yourself and make sure to laugh every day- it is the best therapy.    

LeJane
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:36 PM

Another thing is to s*&^# expectations.  

Take each day and find what you can in each moment. Stay in the moment. relax int he moment, enjoy the moment, find gratitude in the moment- all by what you are thinking...   simply done by no past or future tripping in that moment .   Serenity will be yours ...     

brookerenee45
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:39 PM
Now that will.be super hard and challenging for me! But will try doin it to help! I'm sure that will eliminate alot.:)

Quoting LeJane:

Another thing is to s*&^# expectations.  

Take each day and find what you can in each moment. Stay in the moment. relax int he moment, enjoy the moment, find gratitude in the moment- all by what you are thinking...   simply done by no past or future tripping in that moment .   Serenity will be yours ...     

DesignGirl450
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 5:23 PM

I walk, as that always calms me.   We live on a large park with big trees, and lots of birds and squirrels.  It is fresh and clean and allows me to concentrate on that instead of what is bothering me.   

Re your post, did you say you are pregnant?  Not sure I knew that.  I hope you take care of yourself, and you have stated I believe that you are a registered nurse, so of course you know what to do in terms of staying healthy.  Hope you feel better and stronger soon. 

brookerenee45
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 5:49 PM
Ohhhhhh I love nature! That sounds relaxing being in a environment as that:)

Yes I'm pregnant a Lil over 12 weeks:)
I definitely should KNOW better to take care myself first by bein a RN! That's always been my biggest issue putting others before myself! Very bad habit that I allow to get way put of control now. Really need to get better taking care my own health and needs.

Quoting DesignGirl450:

I walk, as that always calms me.   We live on a large park with big trees, and lots of birds and squirrels.  It is fresh and clean and allows me to concentrate on that instead of what is bothering me.   

Re your post, did you say you are pregnant?  Not sure I knew that.  I hope you take care of yourself, and you have stated I believe that you are a registered nurse, so of course you know what to do in terms of staying healthy.  Hope you feel better and stronger soon. 

WatchmansMoon
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:02 PM

So sorry to hear this happened to you!  At least you were in good hands though, you know?  I wouldn't feel badly about it though - if anything, it may show that you're a hard worker to your new bosses!  Is there any way you can bring in more family members or friends to help you?  Have you looked at priorities and crossed off everything that's not absolutely essential?  I wish you the very best!  Hugs and blessings :)

my4kids274
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:11 PM
I enrolled in college this semester. I am only taking a yoga class but it has helped a lot. I plan on finishing my degree finally in the meat future. I am usually so wrapped up in everyone else in the household I literally wil forget to do things for myself. Getting back junto school has helped with that.

I wish you the best.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)