Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Stupid, Stupid, Stupid!!! *** Update in Replies*

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 9:37 PM
  • 27 Replies

I scheduled a CT scan weeks ago. I gave the doctor's office all the information so that approval could be obtained from the insurance, as I was instructed to do. The scan is scheduled for 7:30 am MONDAY morning. I took a sick day to cover this. 

The doctor's office called today at 4:45pm, on my house phone; NOT MY CELL, I was driving home from work. My SO answered. The approval has NOT been obtained, so the appointment is cancelled. I did not get the message until after 5pm at this point. So I can't call and yell at anyone!!! 

You can bet someone will get an earful on Monday morning!!

When was the last time you had something like this happen to you?

~~Cindy

by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 9:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mumsy2three
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 9:47 PM
1 mom liked this

That really sucks.

I have had a similar situation, a couple of years ago I had an appointment scheduled to have an MRI of my liver done. I went to the appointment, which was scheduled at 530pm, and was told that there was no approval code from my insurance company. I could sign a waiver stating I would pay for the procedure out of pocket if my insurance refused to cover the procedure and proceed with the MRI or I could wait until they were able to contact my doctor's office to find out why there was no approval code. I chose to wait b/c I felt if the insurance knew that I signed a waiver they would deny coverage so they wouldn't have to pay.

I was called to reschedule the MRI after they found out from my doctor's office that prior approval was not needed by my insurance company after all. ugh!

nana776
by Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 10:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I had the Dr's office call and cancel three different appointments that I had already requested time off of work for, all at the last minute. It was the same issue as yours, insurance approval. Made me so mad. I called and complained to the office manager that if they require 24 hour notice to cancel an appointment, then we should be extended the same courtesy, otherwise they can expect a bill for my lost wages. Never had a problem since.

hugss
by on Apr. 5, 2014 at 12:15 AM

So sorry that happned,
Luckily nothing like that has happened to me.
Let us know how it goes when you call Monday :)

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Apr. 5, 2014 at 8:29 AM

Ugh.  Thankfully that hasn't happened to me.  I'd be pretty upset too, though, if I had already scheduled the day off.

mrs.Emm1
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 8:48 AM

I can understand your aggravation, we've all been there!

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 9:45 AM
2 moms liked this

UPDATE!! The doctor's office called back this morning. The approval was on the fax machine this morning! I am going at 7:30am on Monday!! 

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Apr. 5, 2014 at 10:24 AM

Yay!!

Quoting Cindy18:

UPDATE!! The doctor's office called back this morning. The approval was on the fax machine this morning! I am going at 7:30am on Monday!! 

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Apr. 5, 2014 at 10:30 AM

That sucks, I hpope you get it straigntened out. Mark's Dr called yesterday and cancelled his Monday appointment too, he is reschedualed for the 16th. Glad it is not an urgent visit.

DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Apr. 5, 2014 at 12:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Good news Cindy.  I hope all turns out well with your scan, and there is nothing serious to worry about. 

Quoting Cindy18:

Grnyann65
by Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 1:35 PM

Never...I guess, I don't have that problem with my insurance. I'd be PISSED!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)