Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Even Though Your Kids Are Grown, Do They Have To Know How You Are

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2014 at 3:54 PM
  • 30 Replies

Doing, when you are away from them for a few days? Like when you go away for a weekend or on vacation?

by on Apr. 10, 2014 at 3:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DixieL
by Dixie on Apr. 10, 2014 at 3:56 PM

When Rick and I are gone for a few days or a week, our son calls us almost everyday to see, if we are ok. He worries, even though he has no reason to be. I think he took after me that way. I worry all the time. I wish he didn't worry, because it's not fun.

MichelleMc
by on Apr. 10, 2014 at 4:28 PM
1 mom liked this

No. We text daily, but don't talk daily. Course, we are not living near each other & he doesn't live here in the home. We did things away from him when he was home though too & wouldn't do that. We went away on a long weekend get away. Went camping & he didn't come, he went to his friends for weekends, etc. So he could have just be used to it.

caro100
by Carol on Apr. 10, 2014 at 5:09 PM
1 mom liked this

No.  I don't think so.  I usually am the one wanting an update on their lives.

judykay1944
by on Apr. 10, 2014 at 5:23 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL My daughter is deceased but I raised 2 of her 3 girls and they always find an excuse to text me or phone when I go somewhere and ask where I am , what am I up to and whio's all there. I laugh it off. They care andwant to make sure you are ok. I always say I am at a strip club and they always say yea right..surprise Iwent and saw the CHippendales lol and they didnt believe me until I showed them the photos.  I never   get upset . I am thankful  that they care. 

Shari55
by on Apr. 10, 2014 at 5:44 PM

My mom emails a schedule of where she will be and for how long with phone numbers, just in case of emergencys.

Now me, I have my cell with me and my husband has his (he FINALLY carries it with him at all times) and they are only to call in emergencys. We have a motto, "No news is good news".

Esmrlda
by Esme on Apr. 10, 2014 at 5:47 PM

No, Dd's motto and mine while away is no news is good news.

nowynd
by on Apr. 10, 2014 at 6:21 PM

Well, that's for certain.  It seems that they do not.

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Apr. 10, 2014 at 7:24 PM

We do keep in touch if we are going to be away for any length of time.  If we are going camping or somewhere for the week-end, we usually let them know where we are going and when we plan on returning home.  Since none of them live in the same town as we do, they wouldn't otherwise know we are gone.  They generally give us a call on the day return to see how the trip was. 

KittyGram
by Becky on Apr. 10, 2014 at 8:02 PM
Yes, because she takes care of my cat when I'm gone.
jabs54
by Jeanine on Apr. 10, 2014 at 8:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting DixieL:

When Rick and I are gone for a few days or a week, our son calls us almost everyday to see, if we are ok. He worries, even though he has no reason to be. I think he took after me that way. I worry all the time. I wish he didn't worry, because it's not fun.

I would love it if my son called everyday ;)  No, my kids don't worry about me when I'm gone. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN