Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

QOTD- 4/13/14- What medical breakthrough do you want to see in your life time?

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2014 at 6:41 AM
  • 20 Replies

~~Cindy

by on Apr. 13, 2014 at 6:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rosiemendo
by Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 6:47 AM

I want to see a cure for cancer.  I have so many friends who have been affected by it.  I have a high school friend hanging on since diagnosed with Stage 4 small-cell cancer since October of 2012.  Another one of my friends needs a lung transplant.  She hasn't been home in 3 months; she goes from hospital to rehab, back and forth because she has to be on oxygen since her bout with lung cancer.  And I have several friends who have had breast cancer.  I pray and I pray and do what I can to support them, but I suffer from depression so it gets harder and harder.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Apr. 13, 2014 at 7:36 AM

A cure for cancer but better yet, prevention for cancer as well.  I smoke, so I understand I'm putting myself at greater risk for cancer, but I had a friend who died from pancreatic cancer - she never smoked once in her life.  My son has a brain tumor - what did he do or not do to get that? 

mumsy2three
by Silver Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 7:49 AM

Cure for cancer.

I would also like to see better screening tests for ovarian cancer. My mom had ovarian cancer, it was found during an emergency exploratory surgery (she had a perforated bowel). Thankfully her surgeon noticed the ovary didn't look "right" and called in her gynecologist. They removed it, sent it to be tested and it came back as encapsulated cancer of the ovary (don't remember the medical term). Because it was still encapsulated she didn't have to go through chemo but she did have a full hysterectomy.  

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 8:01 AM

I agree. A cure and a prevention for cancer would be amazing.

I would also like to see a definivte answer to Autism. I'm tried of all the misinformation.

rosebud727
by Rose on Apr. 13, 2014 at 10:32 AM

There are several, cancer like everyone else and Alzheimer's.

My oldest (the one in cellular/molecular research) went into this field because she hopes to make a difference in my lifetime.

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Apr. 13, 2014 at 10:38 AM

There are so many cures and preventions I would like to see, cancer being one of them along with azlzheimers, kidney disease and more.

DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Apr. 13, 2014 at 1:03 PM

A cancer treatment that works and cures cancer, especially the ugly ones with high fatality rate, such as pancreatic, colon, ovarian.   Early cancer detection testing would also be an amazing breakthrough in these cancers. 

.Holly.
by Gold Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 1:12 PM

These two come to mind for me also. 

That's wonderful that your daughter went into this field. I do hope I see these cures in my lifetime.

Quoting rosebud727:

There are several, cancer like everyone else and Alzheimer's.

My oldest (the one in cellular/molecular research) went into this field because she hopes to make a difference in my lifetime.

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Apr. 13, 2014 at 1:32 PM

I am going to say a cure for cancer of course. Too many people I care about have had to deal with having this horrid disease.

kuntrylady56
by Gold Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 3:30 PM

A cure for all Cancers and for dimentia/Alzhiemers. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN