Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

If Your Good Friend Found Out That Your Husband Was Cheating,

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2014 at 6:20 AM
  • 24 Replies

Would you want to know? Why or why not? If you knew that your good friends husband was cheating on her, would you tell her. Why or why not?

by on Apr. 20, 2014 at 6:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DixieL
by Dixie on Apr. 20, 2014 at 6:23 AM

I would want to know. We decided a long time ago, if we found someone that we wanted to be with, besides each other, we would tell the other one and we could decide together what we wanted to do. I wouldn't want to be married to him if he cheated on me. The other question, I would have to talk to the friend a lot, and find out if I could tell if she wanted to know. It would have to be a good enough friend, that she would know, that I don't and wouldn't lie.

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Apr. 20, 2014 at 8:03 AM
1 mom liked this

I would definitely want her to tell me and I don't think that she would hesistate to do it either. I would tell her also. If you have a strong friendship, this should be a given, IMO.

mumsy2three
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2014 at 9:19 AM
1 mom liked this

I would want her to tell me and  I would tell her as well.

MichelleMc
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2014 at 9:35 AM
1 mom liked this

I would want her to tell me, and I wouldn't be all mad at her like some people get ( no clue why ). I would tell her also. I feel that hiding it, is being a part of the lie with the person that is doing it. 

I had this situation. It wasn't a close friend but someone I knew. She always complained that no one was there for her, on & on. Well, right before this day, she had complained that her husband was acting funny & that he was hiding his texts, and disappearing for too long to go to the store, etc. So my husband & I were at a festival, and there was her husband with a girl holding on to him the only way someone that was NOT friends would do. They were cuddling & holding on to each other. Then they kissed. Well I felt that I should say something to her. She asked me questions & on & on. He was to be going to the store & not at a festival with this women. Thanked me. But then the next day there was this big post on facebook about how people shouldn't meddle & she is going to work on their relationship. We knew her husband continued on with this women. She unfriended me & my husband after that. Which was fine with me. But you can't have it both ways. You can't say I want people to be there for me, tell me if they see something wrong, then blame the person who just simply said I seen this. I didn't tell another soul, and wouldn't have. She knew this about me. Honestly, I didn't care enough about her or him to get involved anymore anyway. But it kills me when people blame the messenger. When it was for sure true & she knew it was as all the other things he was doing, and he said he was mega "friends" with his women and he wasn't going to stop. 

Michelle,
Proud Mom toJonathan, Eagle & Vigil Scout and Army Soldier 
Proud Navy Submarine Vet Wife to Jake

DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Apr. 20, 2014 at 9:48 AM
1 mom liked this

I would want to know so I could hang his testicles up to dry.   If it was a good friend's husband, that is a tough call.   I have heard of cases where the two women  were never friends again after one told the other.  I suppose it would depend upon which friend it was, and if I thought she would want to be told. 

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Apr. 20, 2014 at 2:20 PM
1 mom liked this

yes I would want to know. for one thing he is supposed to be faithful to me, and it could prevent me from getting an STD I would also do the same for her for the same reasons.

LadyDiamond927
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2014 at 11:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I know I would want to know....but I know a lot of women don't.  I was in a similar situation and I told the friend what I saw, and she took his side and stopped speaking to me....

Ambear72
by Amber on Apr. 20, 2014 at 11:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes I would want to know. No one should ever cheat, its just wrong! And the one being cheated on needs to know the truth.
DixieL
by Dixie on Apr. 21, 2014 at 1:37 AM

Quoting Cindy18:

I would definitely want her to tell me and I don't think that she would hesistate to do it either. I would tell her also. If you have a strong friendship, this should be a given, IMO.

You would think it would be, but I've heard women, get mad at the messanger, no matter how close of friends they are. I would have to know the friend well enough, that she would know without a doubt, that I don't lie, then I would tell her.

DixieL
by Dixie on Apr. 21, 2014 at 1:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting mumsy2three:

I would want her to tell me and  I would tell her as well.

I would also want to know, but as for telling the friend, we would have to know each other well enough, that she would know, I wouldn't lie to her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)