Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

taking advantage

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 7:53 PM
  • 23 Replies
My 23 yr old dd told her sister she was coming for awhile today. Well she came dropped her two and three yrs old off and left. I said you didn't ask if I'd babysit . She says I'll get em later. This happens all of the time. I can't make plans or do anything.

This was at 1:30

Exactly. Its now 7:13 Pm and I called to see when she was coming. She said I'm not. I don't have a ride and your keeping them tonight. When did I become her 24/7 childcare for free. They are too much of a handful. I told her to come get them now. She says no and hung up.
by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 7:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MichelleMc
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 7:57 PM
1 mom liked this

That would be ending today! I would let her know that you love your grandkids but you are NOT a built in babysitter for when she wants to dump her kids. She didn't ask you if you would, she didn't give you time lines, then DARES say she wasn't coming to get them? I could NEVER imagine pulling that on my mother!

caro100
by Carol on Apr. 21, 2014 at 8:03 PM

Get in the car and take them to her.  Get a ride if you have to.  Tell her no more.  You should have told her to take her kids with her and meant it before she left them.  

Maddie24
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 9:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Grrrrrrrr!!!!!  I would be hopping mad.  Bless those kids, they could left feeling awful with that act by their mother.  How dare her put you in that position.  That would have to stop,immediately.  That is irresponsible, rude, and just terrible.  I think carol is right - take your grandchildren to their mother.  Wow - just wow.

atlmom2
by Susie on Apr. 21, 2014 at 9:25 PM
Put your foot down and tell her no. Don't be home either.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bleacheddecay
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 9:26 PM

What a tough spot to be in. I'd have to read her the riot act even though I'd want to spend time with my grand kids at some time.

atlmom2
by Susie on Apr. 21, 2014 at 9:29 PM
Take them to her right now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweetsinglemama
by Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 9:41 PM
You or me either. I'm a single mom who raised my six alone. Their dad was killed in 2002. I've struggled and right now I'm feeling sick. Too many problems and no where to turn

Quoting MichelleMc:

That would be ending today! I would let her know that you love your grandkids but you are NOT a built in babysitter for when she wants to dump her kids. She didn't ask you if you would, she didn't give you time lines, then DARES say she wasn't coming to get them? I could NEVER imagine pulling that on my mother!

Ambear72
by Amber on Apr. 22, 2014 at 12:04 AM

OH wow!  Thats not good.  Im sorry she did that to you.  What are you going to do?  

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Apr. 22, 2014 at 12:29 AM

Oh Hell no! I would either call and ask her where she is and go get her  or I would call her back and tell her that if she didn't come get them, Iwas calling CPS for child abandonment. It would piss her off but you need to stand up for yourself.

waytomanykids10
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 2:25 AM
My sil tries that crap with us all the time. We feel bad but we finally had to change the code on our gate and ignore her pushing the buzzer. I feel bad for her kid but it is stressful having that one extra kid at times.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)