Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

puckered mouth ...

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2014 at 2:38 PM
  • 24 Replies

what's the deal with young girls in pictures with the puckered mouth look?  I notice a LOT of them do that so they must think it's cool!  I think it looks silly.  

by on Apr. 22, 2014 at 2:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EireLass
by Gold Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 2:39 PM
Duck lips.
Can you imagine if guys did it? Ha
suzeebloch
by Ronna on Apr. 22, 2014 at 2:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting EireLass: Duck lips. Can you imagine if guys did it? Ha

Love it.  duck lips.  HA!  I guess it's a "thing" now with the younger gals. 

I don't think guys take as many selfies - or at least I haven't noticed as many guys taking selfies. 

hot_mamalizzy
by on Apr. 22, 2014 at 3:31 PM
My younger girls take selfie pics of them making duck lips alot. I'm not sure what's the point myself with it. It is very silly! Lol
jabs54
by Jeanine on Apr. 22, 2014 at 3:52 PM

I agree!

MichelleMc
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 5:16 PM

I can't stand it. I always used to joke with my son when he would start having an interest in a girl, does she have duck lip photos? If so, she is already a no! LOL. I just don't get that need, that & tons of "selfies" LOL. ( Mean like 5 plus a day )

Esmrlda
by Esme on Apr. 22, 2014 at 5:17 PM

Is it supposed to make it look like they are pouting?  Is pouting sexy? 

Esmrlda
by Esme on Apr. 22, 2014 at 5:18 PM

I was taking a picture with a much younger friend in her 20's. I told her that we might have to take several pictures before I liked one of me because I was of an older generation and we never had cameras readily to practice taking picture after picture of ourselves to get our look right at the the drop of a hat.  She said, okay.  ; )

Quoting MichelleMc:

I can't stand it. I always used to joke with my son when he would start having an interest in a girl, does she have duck lip photos? If so, she is already a no! LOL. I just don't get that need, that & tons of "selfies" LOL. ( Mean like 5 plus a day )

MichelleMc
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 5:23 PM

I guess I should clarify. The ones I am talking about are multiple different ones, different outfit, or poses, and would put them all over facebook all day long, just of them. Not of an event, or with a friend or whatnot, just them them them, LOL. Not different attempts to get one right. I always take multiple pictures to get one right. 

Quoting Esmrlda:

I was taking a picture with a much younger friend in her 20's. I told her that we might have to take several pictures before I liked one of me because I was of an older generation and we never had cameras readily to practice taking picture after picture of ourselves to get our look right at the the drop of a hat.  She said, okay.  ; )

Quoting MichelleMc:

Michelle,
Proud Mom toJonathan, Eagle & Vigil Scout and Army Soldier 
Proud Navy Submarine Vet Wife to Jake

Esmrlda
by Esme on Apr. 22, 2014 at 5:24 PM

Oh I hear you, I dont get it either. The only thing I can think of is the Me generation?

Quoting MichelleMc:

I guess I should clarify. The ones I am talking about are multiple different ones, different outfit, or poses, and would put them all over facebook all day long, just of them. Not of an event, or with a friend or whatnot, just them them them, LOL. Not different attempts to get one right. I always take multiple pictures to get one right. 

Quoting Esmrlda:

Quoting MichelleMc:

MichelleMc
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 5:27 PM

That is exactly what I think of instantly. Me Me Me, Look at me. And when really young girls do it, I cringe. 

Quoting Esmrlda:

Oh I hear you, I dont get it either. The only thing I can think of is the Me generation?

Quoting MichelleMc:

Quoting Esmrlda:

Quoting MichelleMc:

Michelle,
Proud Mom toJonathan, Eagle & Vigil Scout and Army Soldier 
Proud Navy Submarine Vet Wife to Jake

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)