Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Do you believe in ghosts?

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 9:33 AM
  • 53 Replies

I have noticed some strange things happening in my house since my son moved out and I am back to living alone.  My son was sure that the house was haunted when he lived her but it never really bothered me.  Now that I am the only one here I notice the strange things more.  Do you believe in spirits?  Have you ever experienced something strange that you couldn't explain?

by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 9:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 9:40 AM
1 mom liked this

I actually kinda do. This is so strange because I swear my office has a ghost. They tease me a bit but I'm serious. 

One day, in the middle of the day, someone was knocking on the backroom door. It happened twice and it was a very distinct knock. No one was back there! 

AND last night, I was hanging out at the office late because I was waiting to do my midnight checks, anyway I was off the clock and cruising CM, listening to my Pandora, all of sudden a weird laugh came out of the computer or my phone or something. There was nothing on Pandora to make that noise and my phone was NOT ringing. I was totally creeped out!! 

Ambear72
by Amber on Apr. 25, 2014 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this
I do believe in then wholeheartedly!
terri-553
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 9:51 AM
1 mom liked this

Of course weird things always happen at my house.Like cabinet doors open,shadow people,and I have been touchedme-Scared no,it has been happening for as long as I can remember,

Why123
by Nancy on Apr. 25, 2014 at 9:53 AM

The college I work at is very haunted.  When I was in Developmental Studies in building 6 my office was always cold.  That building had been built on the place where they used to hang people in Dayton.  When I transferred to building 2 the theater across the hall is supposed to be haunted.  It had revolving doors that opened to the outside and they would spin on their own.  They finally just started locking the doors.  Building 13 was built on the frame of an older building.  At one time it was a train yard.  People have seen an old man and a mule coming out of the elevator shaft.  The building I am in now seems to be fairly quiet.

Quoting Cindy18:

I actually kinda do. This is so strange because I swear my office has a ghost. They tease me a bit but I'm serious. 

One day, in the middle of the day, someone was knocking on the backroom door. It happened twice and it was a very distinct knock. No one was back there! 

AND last night, I was hanging out at the office late because I was waiting to do my midnight checks, anyway I was off the clock and cruising CM, listening to my Pandora, all of sudden a weird laugh came out of the computer or my phone or something. There was nothing on Pandora to make that noise and my phone was NOT ringing. I was totally creeped out!! 

Why123
by Nancy on Apr. 25, 2014 at 9:55 AM

I guess you get used to strange things after a while.

Quoting terri-553:

Of course weird things always happen at my house.Like cabinet doors open,shadow people,and I have been touchedme-Scared no,it has been happening for as long as I can remember,

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 9:56 AM

That is soooo creepy!

Quoting Why123:

The college I work at is very haunted.  When I was in Developmental Studies in building 6 my office was always cold.  That building had been built on the place where they used to hang people in Dayton.  When I transferred to building 2 the theater across the hall is supposed to be haunted.  It had revolving doors that opened to the outside and they would spin on their own.  They finally just started locking the doors.  Building 13 was built on the frame of an older building.  At one time it was a train yard.  People have seen an old man and a mule coming out of the elevator shaft.  The building I am in now seems to be fairly quiet.

Quoting Cindy18:

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Apr. 25, 2014 at 10:40 AM
1 mom liked this

I would most definitely believe in ghosts if my apartment were to suddenly be clean one morning.  Until then, no.  I don't believe in ghosts. 

Why123
by Nancy on Apr. 25, 2014 at 10:44 AM

I would love a spirit that cleans too.  Unfortunately, I haven't heard of one yet.

Quoting suzeebloch:

I would most definitely believe in ghosts if my apartment were to suddenly be clean one morning.  Until then, no.  I don't believe in ghosts. 

valkay
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 11:14 AM
1 mom liked this
Sure do only because I experienced them.
When I was a kid we lived in a house that had things happen. My parents bedroom was downstairs at the front of the house. The other bedrooms were upstairs. One morning my gramma upstairs heard dishes being put on the table as did my mom. They both heard bacon sizzling and pans going on the stove. Gramma and mom met downstairs talking about how grampa must be making breakfast. They got to the kitchen at the back of the house nothing cooking or out of place. Grampa was still asleep in his room.
Why123
by Nancy on Apr. 25, 2014 at 11:22 AM

It's interesting that they both had the same experience at the same time.

Quoting valkay: Sure do only because I experienced them. When I was a kid we lived in a house that had things happen. My parents bedroom was downstairs at the front of the house. The other bedrooms were upstairs. One morning my gramma upstairs heard dishes being put on the table as did my mom. They both heard bacon sizzling and pans going on the stove. Gramma and mom met downstairs talking about how grampa must be making breakfast. They got to the kitchen at the back of the house nothing cooking or out of place. Grampa was still asleep in his room.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)