Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

What childhood passions have you carried onto your family ?

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 3:30 PM
  • 16 Replies

While growing up my family lived "music".   

Although my sons did not show an interst (after numerous, numerous trials ) my daughter is a great vocalist with piano and brass skills.   My granddaughter just started piano training and has been humming or singing since she could make noises.    She turned 2 in December.   :-)

LIVE, LAUGH, LOVE
by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 3:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Apr. 25, 2014 at 3:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I didn't carry it on but my Dad was obsessed with cars and loved cars. My dd who is 22 is also.  My Dad raced and dd does too, drag racing her car.  I hope my Dad is her guardian angel now because I hate she races. 

KittyGram
by Becky on Apr. 25, 2014 at 4:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Sewing, reading, a huge love of nature and of music.
LEK19
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 5:30 PM
1 mom liked this

We all love music in my family also, but we didn't have a lot of formal lessons. All my kids listen to a variety of music. They are not just stuck in a few genres which I am hoping was my influence. They grew up listening to all kinds.

Sketching, drawing and some art was a big pastime for us when I was growing up and all my kids enjoy it, too. Playing outside and enjoying nature is another pastime I grew up enjoying that my kids do, too, in varying degrees. 

LeJane
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 8:48 PM

What an awesome thing !    

I always wanted to race.    I think it would be so intense.    I just drive fast on a normal basis to compensate for it.     :-)     Love that manual shift rush.  

Did your dad ever see her race ?

Quoting atlmom2:

I didn't carry it on but my Dad was obsessed with cars and loved cars. My dd who is 22 is also.  My Dad raced and dd does too, drag racing her car.  I hope my Dad is her guardian angel now because I hate she races. 

LIVE, LAUGH, LOVE
Marinefranksmom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 8:54 PM

Music and books were my passion when I was growing up.  My Mom was an avid reader, Dad too.  Dad worked for a music company and sang "barbershop" in a mens' chorus when I was a little kid.  These are still my passions - I am an avid reader.  I love all kinds of music, and like Dad, I've been singing barbershop in Sweet Adeline choruses and in quartets for over 30 years.  I also taught myself to play guitar.  My son has always been an avid reader, and he also taught himself to play guitar, though he plays "metal" & collects guitars.  I played folk guitar & wrote songs.  Other family passions that my folks and I, and now my son, enjoy are art, history, antiques and cooking.

american flag ribbon

atlmom2
by Susie on Apr. 25, 2014 at 8:55 PM

My dad died way before she was born, over 29 years ago.  DD has a Mazda 3 speed which she was put about $5000 into it.

Quoting LeJane:

What an awesome thing !    

I always wanted to race.    I think it would be so intense.    I just drive fast on a normal basis to compensate for it.     :-)     Love that manual shift rush.  

Did your dad ever see her race ?

Quoting atlmom2:

Rileyscute
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 8:56 PM

definitely music

redneck_kids
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 8:58 AM

Nothing we do, but we talk about that we come from circus people and show them pics. 

bambismom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 9:27 AM

Farming!  My husband grew up farming, we have a hobby farm, and now our kids want to do something related to agriculture.  We love it! 

waytomanykids10
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 10:39 AM

Nothing, I try to avoid anything to do with my childhood.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)