Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

QOTD- 4/27/14- What is your biggest fear?

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2014 at 6:09 AM
  • 40 Replies

by on Apr. 27, 2014 at 6:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Shari55
by on Apr. 27, 2014 at 8:11 AM

Well good morning, my biggest fear I don't know because it would be something that I would not have control of. 

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 8:13 AM

My biggest fear is Heights and Dying. I'm not so good on water either. 

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Apr. 27, 2014 at 8:16 AM

Suffocation (or not being able to breathe), Heights, being trapt in my body while my mind still works (ie body not responding to medical sitation but my mind is fully aware), something happening to my children.

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 8:19 AM

This scares me too! The first time I was going to have surgery I was so paranoid about this!

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

Suffocation (or not being able to breathe), Heights, being trapt in my body while my mind still works (ie body not responding to medical sitation but my mind is fully aware), something happening to my children.

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Apr. 27, 2014 at 8:46 AM

Yes!! My DH thinks I'm a nut, but it is a real fear I have.

Quoting Cindy18:

This scares me too! The first time I was going to have surgery I was so paranoid about this!

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 8:49 AM

I watched a show on people who this has actually happened to shortly before my first surgery, NOT SMART, I don't recommend that you EVER watch something like that.

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

Yes!! My DH thinks I'm a nut, but it is a real fear I have.

Quoting Cindy18:

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

SpiritedWitch
by Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 9:11 AM

Hmm? Drowning. I almost drowned as a child and that fear has stayed with me. 

mumsy2three
by Silver Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 9:12 AM
1 mom liked this

One of my kids passing away before I do.

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 9:13 AM

That would be horrible! 

Quoting mumsy2three:

One of my kids passing away before I do.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Apr. 27, 2014 at 9:17 AM

Right now my biggest fear is becoming ill/incapacitated to where I can't work.  I have zilch set aside in savings right now and am literally working paycheck to paycheck.   If I can't work I would lose my apartment, my car, and then what?  where would I go?  what would I do for transportation?  I mean especially if I am ill/incapacitated! 

If I die, I have life insurance but of course that won't help me if I am still alive and kicking!

Remember the tooth abscess I had a couple of months ago? I chose to do nothing?  and then at the followup dental appointment the dentist really had nothing to say about it?  Well, every now and then, I get a small lump between my jawbone and cheek that is tender when I touch it.  The lump comes and goes.  Sometimes it is more tender than other times.  There is no toothache.  I freak out a little bit thinking what if it's like bone cancer and then what? 

so that is my biggest fear right now, being alive but unable to work and care for myself. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)