Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Summer is fast approaching, what are your plans?

Posted by on May. 3, 2014 at 11:09 AM
  • 45 Replies

Summer is fast approaching and my son will be home from college soon! I remeber posting when he left in the fall and now he is coming home soon.

We have a pretty full summer planned. Some things that include him and some that do not.

Do you have any summer plans or anything in the works yet?

by on May. 3, 2014 at 11:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bleacheddecay
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2014 at 11:20 AM
1 mom liked this

I have no plans for summer other than work, work, work.

atlmom2
by Susie on May. 3, 2014 at 11:26 AM
4 moms liked this

Going to Hawaii with MIL and SIL.  Girls trip!!!  2 1/2 weeks long too.  3 islands. 

Reina13
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2014 at 11:56 AM

Quoting atlmom2:

Going to Hawaii with MIL and SIL.  Girls trip!!!  2 1/2 weeks long too.  3 islands. 

That sounds amazing. If I remember correctly,  you cancelled your last trip to Hawaii?

atlmom2
by Susie on May. 3, 2014 at 11:59 AM

Quoting Reina13:
Quoting atlmom2:

That sounds amazing. If I remember correctly,  you cancelled your last trip to Hawaii?

Yep, last summer.  MIL had bypass surgery 2 weeks before we were supposed to go.  She is in awesome shape now. She lost some weight, exercises 3 days a week with her friend now.  She will be 78 in July.  This winter she walked up and down the beach with me and shopped till we dropped. Proud of how she is doing and what a difference a year makes. 

kuntrylady56
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2014 at 5:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Plan on enjoying the time away from school! lol  We're going to Cancun in June with some friends,my first trip out of the country so a little nervosus to be that far from home. But I paln o enjoying the sun,beach and plenty of Margarita's. margarita timeWe also have my grandsons 6th birthday coming up the 20th of May and Kali's 9th birthday on the 3rd of June,so going ot be busy with planning tow parties with two weeks of each other.

Then some time in July I want to go out to MD,VA and WVA to see my family,its been too long since my last visit.

And we'll be going to Silver Dollar City some more and going to the lake,I hope.  Just plan on having a nice summer and enjoy it woth my family and maybe some me time too.  Anybody up for a girls weekend??

rosebud727
by Rose on May. 3, 2014 at 6:23 PM
1 mom liked this

The only real thing on the horizon this year is a few weddings, both out of town. We'll be heading down to SoCal for one wedding and taking advantage of the time and enjoying San Diego in the process.

Other then that, we have some family possibly coming during the summer-time and lots and lots of summer projects.

waytomanykids10
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2014 at 7:08 PM
1 mom liked this

So far the only thing we have planned this summer is a 2.5 week road trip with 6 of our 9 kids. Other then that, we don't really have any plans.

louannwilkins
by Louann on May. 3, 2014 at 7:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Nothing definite worked out yet.  I'm happy for the warmer weather but dreading all the humidity that will soon be here.  lol

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:51 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on May. 4, 2014 at 12:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Orland/daytona beach for a few days :)

suzeebloch
by Ronna on May. 4, 2014 at 9:18 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Bleacheddecay:

I have no plans for summer other than work, work, work.

this is pretty much me.  I don't have anything planned at all. 

Johnny hinted that he might come home around the 4th of July with his girlfriend but I don't think that's been firmed up yet. 

He also might be going to NY city to meet his half brother - sounds like the half brother and wife have met with someone who is very interested in this DNA stuff and donor babies and what not.  I would love to be able to go as well but nothing has been set up yet as far as I know plus I am not sure I can afford it financially or time-wise either.

anything else that happens this summer is, as of right now, completely unknown to me!  lol.  I will just have to see what happens. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN