• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pics of weekend...

Posted by on May. 4, 2014 at 8:31 PM
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this

My oldest dd and her 2 kids are super sad because her boyfriend dumped her.  His birthday was this weekend and my dd's birthday is on Tues. so this would have been a really hard weekend for her.  I took her and the kids to a waterpark in Dubuque and the Mississippi museum to take their minds off their misery.  It worked ;)

by on May. 4, 2014 at 8:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DixieL
by Dixie on May. 4, 2014 at 8:40 PM

I'm glad you were there for them. It looks like they had a great time.

.Holly.
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2014 at 9:19 PM
What an awesome mom/grandmother you are. Glad it got their mind off thing. I bet they had a great time.
caro100
by on May. 4, 2014 at 9:21 PM

You are such a good mommy/grandma.  Good pics. 

Ambear72
by Amber on May. 4, 2014 at 9:30 PM

Beautiful grandchildren!  Im glad you did that and took them.  Looks like they had an awesome time.  

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:32 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on May. 5, 2014 at 12:14 AM

Aww how neat you did that,
Looks like a wonderful time too :)

Why123
by Nancy on May. 5, 2014 at 10:33 AM

A fun weekend is just what they needed.  You are a wonderful loving person.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on May. 5, 2014 at 11:14 AM

What a neat thing to do for them!   And I swear, I want to scoop Marla up and give her a big hug!  (that is her name, right?).  Did you get wet, too?

DesignGirl450
by on May. 5, 2014 at 1:04 PM

That sounds like a lovely time, and the children are adorable.  Sorry about your daughter's boyfriend but I hope she doesn't suffer over a man too much. 

jabs54
by Jeanine on May. 5, 2014 at 2:53 PM

Quoting suzeebloch:

What a neat thing to do for them!   And I swear, I want to scoop Marla up and give her a big hug!  (that is her name, right?).  Did you get wet, too?

You have such a good memory.  Zane and Marla :)  She is just so dang cute.  Pretty, unique blue eyes and she talks NON STOP now.  Usually only 2 words at a time.  She wanted me to feed her so I'd give her a bite and then she'd smile and say "funny grandma" ;)  It was fun because she wanted me to do everything for her.  When my youngest dd (auntie) is around she favors her so it was a pleasant change.

Steph tried to keep an eye on Zane but i was in charge of Marly so I stayed with her.  I have gained a lot of weight back since my surgery and couldn't believe how big I've gotten so no pics of me in swimming suit ;)

suzeebloch
by Ronna on May. 5, 2014 at 3:15 PM

I envy you some of the gmas in this group!!  I will more than likely end being a long-distance gma if/when Johnny has kids since he lives in CA.  :o(   My daughter isn't planning any kids which is a good thing.  She will be 34 this summer and really can barely take care of her own self, let alone a child.  I hear ya on the swimsuit though!  You'll never see a pic of ME in one, either!  :o)

Quoting jabs54:

Quoting suzeebloch:

You have such a good memory.  Zane and Marla :)  She is just so dang cute.  Pretty, unique blue eyes and she talks NON STOP now.  Usually only 2 words at a time.  She wanted me to feed her so I'd give her a bite and then she'd smile and say "funny grandma" ;)  It was fun because she wanted me to do everything for her.  When my youngest dd (auntie) is around she favors her so it was a pleasant change.

Steph tried to keep an eye on Zane but i was in charge of Marly so I stayed with her.  I have gained a lot of weight back since my surgery and couldn't believe how big I've gotten so no pics of me in swimming suit ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)