Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

How do you get over being extremely irritated??

Posted by on May. 13, 2014 at 7:45 PM
  • 34 Replies

I am so irritated from stress and not really very good at dealing with it.  I am exhausted from work and so aggravated from a wild pace.  I have to find a way to handle this and calm down.  What do any of you do calm your nerves in the midst of chaos???

by on May. 13, 2014 at 7:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
njt320
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2014 at 8:36 PM
1 mom liked this
I am having the same issues. Idk I need a vacation but cannot take one for a while yet grrrrrrrrr
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mumsy2three
by Silver Member on May. 13, 2014 at 8:42 PM

When I am super stressed out I usually journal, getting it all out of my system helps. I also do yoga.  If I don't have time for a yoga session,  I just do the breathing~ lion's breath is one of my favorites. It's kind of goofy and silly looking but works very well. Here's a link: http://www.yogavibes.com/blog/new-online-yoga-videos/11-benefits-of-lions-breath/ 

I also like to walk/jog. When I get moving I get rid of lots of stress and negative energy.

njt320
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2014 at 8:43 PM
Yes walking does help a lot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bmat
by Barb on May. 13, 2014 at 9:25 PM

A bath or shower can help temporarily.  A drink of iced tea, reading an entertaining book. Setting apart time for sleep, clearing the mind, going away for a day or weekend. Strolling through a flower garden. Working in your own garden- nothing like growing your own veggies and herbs.

EireLass
by Gold Member on May. 13, 2014 at 9:30 PM
1 mom liked this
I walk the dos, I garden...things usinf some physical energy. But the biggest help is to realize that your control ends at the tip of your fingers . That's very little control really. And also to realize how manythings are reallynot that important.
JenniferW67
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2014 at 10:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Walking helps me and so does praying. When things get ramped up, I like to get in the habit eating really healthy and taking a shower before going to bed early, during those times. I handle things a lot better when I'm rested. I hope things settle down for you.

kuntrylady56
by Gold Member on May. 13, 2014 at 10:51 PM

I've came to realize to set priorities in my life.  And if things get to hectic I check things off my list in my head that aren't that important to everyday life and my family. And go from there.  Life is to precious to stress over the small stuff. :)

And if I do start getting stressed or feel anxiety building up, i just take a step back from normal and go for a drive or a walk usually to some place peaceful. Or I just go set some where and "people watch" and realize I'm not the only one who has worries and mine are no worse them some and hell of a lot less them most.   

Do something fun or silly or indulge yourself. Ask for hug,give a hug.  MAke silly faces in the mirror. lol

Sorry, I'm just in kind of  weird mood this evening. smile

Esmrlda
by Esme on May. 13, 2014 at 11:15 PM
Is this the new job that you took Maddie? I usually go for a long walk and then talk it out. people probably think I'm crazy driving by, " look at that crazy lady talking to herself" lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:17 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on May. 14, 2014 at 12:41 AM
1 mom liked this

deep breathe .. hugs to you :)

Ambear72
by Amber on May. 14, 2014 at 1:39 AM
Try to stop a second, take deep breaths, and think about an up coming trip I'm excited about or something else that makes me very happy,

What have you tried?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)