Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

What are you doing today....Thursday?

Posted by on May. 15, 2014 at 6:54 AM
  • 18 Replies

come tell us.....

by on May. 15, 2014 at 6:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louannwilkins
by Louann on May. 15, 2014 at 6:55 AM

Good morning....about to have some coffee.  Guess I need to jump in the shower first.  Still sleepy and a little slow moving this morning.  lol

Hope you all have a good day.  I think we are getting rain and some storms later on.  I hope the storms don't get bad though.  Take care ladies

suzeebloch
by Ronna on May. 15, 2014 at 7:04 AM

Hey, it's Thursday.  hip hip hooray!  lol.  I, for some odd reason, turned on my lamp at some point while I was sleeping last night.  I don't have a clue why! but around 2 a.m. I realized it was on and so I turned it off, only to then realize my computer was still on in the living room, too.  There was an update and I assumed my computer would turn off after it was done.  ha on me, right?  So I got up and turned it off.  Then at 2:55, I was wide awake so I got up.  Got my early-morning work done and booted up my virtual computer only to have IT have an update.  Bane of my existance, those updates.  So I took a shower and now it's nearly 6 am - gotta get to work!  Today is the last day of the payperiod and so far my line count has been awesome.  Everything I type today will be on the paycheck on May 31. 

I really MUST get to the store today!  I worked until 3:30 yesterday and just didn't have the energy/motivation to get out of the apartment.  I found a spare Ambien so was able to get to sleep okay last night without the rest of my sleepy meds.  well, other than turning on that light.  lol.  Today is also payday so I need to pay my bills.  i've been running on fumes and haven't even looked at my budget for May and here it is, the 15th already and I know a bunch of bills are behind.  OH WELL.   I'm so glad for CM and this group.   Who else would I share all this mundane stuff with?  LOL.

Hey, Happy Thursday, everyone!

louannwilkins
by Louann on May. 15, 2014 at 7:37 AM

That's funny!  The light I mean.  lol  Who knows what we do when we're sleeping.  I'm glad you've gotten a lot of typing done so you'll have a good check.  It sucks to be behind on bills and to need more money at the end of the month.  Ugh...I'm trying to earn all I can too because I've got some stuff to pay off myself.  Like the new well pump that was put in about 3 or 4 weeks ago.  I've paid a couple of hundred to him but still owe more.  Ugh again.  I wanted to go to the beach and to the mountains in the fall but unless something changes that won't happen.  I can go stay with family at the beach but that's not an option for the mountains.  Anyway....shouldn't be complaining since I DO have a job and some folks don't even have that.  lol

Take care, have a good day, figure out your bills and get to the store...Whew....lol  Have a good day Ronna!!  :)

Quoting suzeebloch:

Hey, it's Thursday.  hip hip hooray!  lol.  I, for some odd reason, turned on my lamp at some point while I was sleeping last night.  I don't have a clue why! but around 2 a.m. I realized it was on and so I turned it off, only to then realize my computer was still on in the living room, too.  There was an update and I assumed my computer would turn off after it was done.  ha on me, right?  So I got up and turned it off.  Then at 2:55, I was wide awake so I got up.  Got my early-morning work done and booted up my virtual computer only to have IT have an update.  Bane of my existance, those updates.  So I took a shower and now it's nearly 6 am - gotta get to work!  Today is the last day of the payperiod and so far my line count has been awesome.  Everything I type today will be on the paycheck on May 31. 

I really MUST get to the store today!  I worked until 3:30 yesterday and just didn't have the energy/motivation to get out of the apartment.  I found a spare Ambien so was able to get to sleep okay last night without the rest of my sleepy meds.  well, other than turning on that light.  lol.  Today is also payday so I need to pay my bills.  i've been running on fumes and haven't even looked at my budget for May and here it is, the 15th already and I know a bunch of bills are behind.  OH WELL.   I'm so glad for CM and this group.   Who else would I share all this mundane stuff with?  LOL.

JalynSpoon
by Member on May. 15, 2014 at 7:59 AM

Working. And being annoyed. 

Wish it was Friday.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on May. 15, 2014 at 8:07 AM

well CRAPOLA.  Just got an email from the owner of the FL company:  Some how the payroll company had the pay date for 5/30 instead of 5/15.  I will be calling them as soon as they open to get it fixed.   More than likely it will not run till tomorrow.

Grrrrr.   I so did NOT need that!   But I suppose being behind another day or two paying my bills isn't the end of the world, right?  ugh.

Quoting louannwilkins:

That's funny!  The light I mean.  lol  Who knows what we do when we're sleeping.  I'm glad you've gotten a lot of typing done so you'll have a good check.  It sucks to be behind on bills and to need more money at the end of the month.  Ugh...I'm trying to earn all I can too because I've got some stuff to pay off myself.  Like the new well pump that was put in about 3 or 4 weeks ago.  I've paid a couple of hundred to him but still owe more.  Ugh again.  I wanted to go to the beach and to the mountains in the fall but unless something changes that won't happen.  I can go stay with family at the beach but that's not an option for the mountains.  Anyway....shouldn't be complaining since I DO have a job and some folks don't even have that.  lol

Take care, have a good day, figure out your bills and get to the store...Whew....lol  Have a good day Ronna!!  :)

Quoting suzeebloch:

darmomusaf
by Gold Member on May. 15, 2014 at 8:42 AM

Well, today is Blue Hawaii/Elvis day at work. We'll be showing the movie this afternoon and having peanut butter and banana sandwiches for a snack. The staff will be participating in olympic events nursing home style. Should be fun.

I have a meeting early this evening and then off to see my neice's final high school band concert. A very bittersweet evening, but she will be joining band when she goes to college in the fall, so I guess we'll get to see her perform again.

redneck_kids
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2014 at 9:16 AM

Picking up checks and paying bills and going to work

Why123
by Nancy on May. 15, 2014 at 9:46 AM

Working.  Hopefully the rain will stop today.  A tornado went through the area yesterday evening.  It went through mostly rural areas.  On one destroyed farm they pulled 7 people from a basement.  At least no one was hurt.

kuntrylady56
by Gold Member on May. 15, 2014 at 9:52 AM

Good morning everybody.  Going on about 4 hours of sleep so drinking lots of coffee this morning.lol  Was up until after one this morning studying for my math final,then I was up as at 6am to get my shower and get Kali up for school and breakfast.  Did more studying and now just relaxing a bit before heading over to school. My last day for the semester.yayyyy   

In pretty good and positive mood this morning so thinking I will do well on the test. But wish me luck,just incase.lol

After school,I'm thinking about running to the mall to treat myself to something pretty.  Need to find me a pretty maxi-dress for vacation and to have mine and Larry's picture taken on the beach in,something romantic but not to fancy.  So far I haven't had much luck,unless I want to pay nearly 200.00 for a dressthis is the one I fell in love with,but its 185.00!!yikes..

And a little too fancy for a beach picture,maybe???  Would love to find something pretty but maybe in something in a lighter material.  

Oh,well. No real plans except spending the evening with brat grand-child and husband.lol  Could be worse I guess. hehehe

suzeebloch
by Ronna on May. 15, 2014 at 10:29 AM

Here's the luck you are looking for!  GOOD LUCK!  :o)

and that dress is pretty, although may be just a wee bit too fancy for the beach.  Do you sew?  Seems like something similar to that might be fairly easy to make. I'd use something light, a gauzy fabric, and not make the skirt quite so full.

here's a cute one - and the top of the dress is made using elastic thread in the bobbin ...

Quoting kuntrylady56:

Good morning everybody.  Going on about 4 hours of sleep so drinking lots of coffee this morning.lol  Was up until after one this morning studying for my math final,then I was up as at 6am to get my shower and get Kali up for school and breakfast.  Did more studying and now just relaxing a bit before heading over to school. My last day for the semester.yayyyy   

In pretty good and positive mood this morning so thinking I will do well on the test. But wish me luck,just incase.lol

After school,I'm thinking about running to the mall to treat myself to something pretty.  Need to find me a pretty maxi-dress for vacation and to have mine and Larry's picture taken on the beach in,something romantic but not to fancy.  So far I haven't had much luck,unless I want to pay nearly 200.00 for a dressthis is the one I fell in love with,but its 185.00!!yikes..

And a little too fancy for a beach picture,maybe???  Would love to find something pretty but maybe in something in a lighter material.  

Oh,well. No real plans except spending the evening with brat grand-child and husband.lol  Could be worse I guess. hehehe

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)