Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

What are you doing today.....Friday, Saturday and Sunday?

Posted by on May. 16, 2014 at 7:03 AM
  • 55 Replies

come tell us....

by on May. 16, 2014 at 7:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louannwilkins
by Louann on May. 16, 2014 at 7:05 AM

Good morning.....didn't realize I hadn't started this post!!  I meant to do it last night like I normally do.  Sorry ladies!!

I've got a few things to do here today and other than that not sure.  I think the rain is gone.  Boy did we get a LOT.  Should be cooler and less humid now for a few days anyway.

Hope you all have a great day!!  TGIF   :)

suzeebloch
by Ronna on May. 16, 2014 at 7:08 AM

Oh I really didn't want to get up this morning, so I let me sleep in until 4.  lol.  my early morning work load was light and I was done by 5.  so I've been surfing the net and now lookee it's 6:05 and I'm 5 minutes late for the FL group.  ha!

We did get paid today finally.  yay.  Should have been yesterday but there was some snafu. 

Today begins the new payperiod, but Memorial day is there.  I wonder if I'll get paid that day?  ha.  I know we are supposed to put in requests for PTO including holidays at least 30 days in advance ... although it would be nice to take a day off, even with pay, I'm still not sure what I'd do.  lol.  I'm so tight on funds so can't really do much.  lol.

oh well.  Happy Friday!!!

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on May. 16, 2014 at 7:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Friday~ Last day of WORK!! So much to do there. I have be there by 10am. I hope I can crank out this report that has got me so stressed out!! Home to pack and finish up the laundry. 

louannwilkins
by Louann on May. 16, 2014 at 7:49 AM

Glad you "slept in" and got paid too.  Just so you can pay it out!!  LOL  We work to pay bills.  Maybe you'll be able to get a cushion of money again soon.  I'm trying but everytime I do it seems like something happens and it takes it.  So....lol

Don't work too hard today!  :)

Quoting suzeebloch:

Oh I really didn't want to get up this morning, so I let me sleep in until 4.  lol.  my early morning work load was light and I was done by 5.  so I've been surfing the net and now lookee it's 6:05 and I'm 5 minutes late for the FL group.  ha!

We did get paid today finally.  yay.  Should have been yesterday but there was some snafu. 

Today begins the new payperiod, but Memorial day is there.  I wonder if I'll get paid that day?  ha.  I know we are supposed to put in requests for PTO including holidays at least 30 days in advance ... although it would be nice to take a day off, even with pay, I'm still not sure what I'd do.  lol.  I'm so tight on funds so can't really do much.  lol.

oh well.  Happy Friday!!!

louannwilkins
by Louann on May. 16, 2014 at 7:49 AM

I know you are super excited!!!  Hopefully you'll breeze through work and get home to finish up.  Have a good one!!   :)

Quoting Cindy18:

Friday~ Last day of WORK!! So much to do there. I have be there by 10am. I hope I can crank out this report that has got me so stressed out!! Home to pack and finish up the laundry. 

darmomusaf
by Gold Member on May. 16, 2014 at 8:38 AM
1 mom liked this

Today is the last day of National Nursing Home Week, and I'm pretty happy about that, it's been a very busy week for us! Today is Aloha picnic day at work, having pulled pork sandwiches or Hawaiian Bar-B-Que Chicken, hula hoop and limbo contest for the staff this afternoon, trying to get my desk cleared and then home to start the weekend chores. We don't have anything planned for the weekend yet except working in the garden and flower beds if they ever dry out, lots of rain here yesterday and in the forecast for today, flash flood warnings, so we'll see how much we can get done!

Thinking that this weekend may just be for relaxing for a change!!!

mumsy2three
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2014 at 9:40 AM
1 mom liked this

I took today off for my oldest son's field day (which was cancelled due to rain). I was going to meet my dd for brunch at a local French restaurant but I'm not sure if I am going to go b/c there is lots of flooding in the area right now. I am going to wait until she calls to decide. Other than that I'm just going to clean the house.

Saturday my youngest son has a baseball game. Hopefully our fields aren't still under water by then.

Not plans Sunday.

atlmom2
by Gold Member on May. 16, 2014 at 9:42 AM
1 mom liked this

DD 20 is coming home today from her boyfriends parents house.  She should roll in around 5pm. 

I don't really have much going on.  DD is going to go around to places she filled out applications tomorrow.  She has 3 interviews already next week.

It is a cold rainy weekend here that I really need to do a lot of spring cleaning.  That is what I need to do all weekend.  The house is a wreck also. 

Why123
by Nancy on May. 16, 2014 at 9:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Working.  I desperately need a new pair of shoes.  I have put it off for a very long time so I guess I am going shopping this weekend.  It is going to rain again today.  I am glad I haven't transplanted my flowers yet because it went down to 38 degrees last night.  I think it is supposed to get that cold again tonight.  It is supposed to warm up again next week though.

louannwilkins
by Louann on May. 16, 2014 at 10:03 AM

Hope you have a very relaxing weekend!!  :)

Quoting darmomusaf:

Today is the last day of National Nursing Home Week, and I'm pretty happy about that, it's been a very busy week for us! Today is Aloha picnic day at work, having pulled pork sandwiches or Hawaiian Bar-B-Que Chicken, hula hoop and limbo contest for the staff this afternoon, trying to get my desk cleared and then home to start the weekend chores. We don't have anything planned for the weekend yet except working in the garden and flower beds if they ever dry out, lots of rain here yesterday and in the forecast for today, flash flood warnings, so we'll see how much we can get done!

Thinking that this weekend may just be for relaxing for a change!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)