Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kitchen Talk~ 6/2/14~ How old are your major kitchen appliances?

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 7:01 AM
  • 14 Replies

by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 7:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jun. 2, 2014 at 7:50 AM

The major appliances were already in this apartment when I moved in nearly 6 years ago. (6 years ago?!) so I have no clue how old they may be.  However, the refrigerator went out on me in 2012, while I was in California for Johnny's college graduation.  ugh.  Came home to yuck!  So they got me a new one.  I am hoping the stove goes out because I have an Amana Big Oven smooth surface stove sitting in storage that I've been told they will let me use if the existing stove ever goes out.  They just won't let me use it yet as they have no place to store the existing stove.  Anyone have any ideas how to "kill" an old stove?  lol. 

EireLass
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:02 AM
January 2012
my4kids274
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:04 AM

They are all under a year old.  My refrigerator is only 5 months old and it is broken.  Do not purchase GE Cafe refrigerators.  LOL. 

Just a little frustrated at this point. 

It could be worse though. 

CometGirl
by Silver Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:27 AM

My refrigerator is about 6 months old; the stove is about 5 yrs. old; don't have a dishwasher.

louannwilkins
by Louann on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:08 AM

About 8 years now I think

Why123
by Nancy on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:39 AM

No clue.  They were in the house when I moved in 4 years ago.

Bleacheddecay
by Gold Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:06 AM

Old 10-20 years.

MichelleMc
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:18 AM

7 Years

LEK19
by Group Admin on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:41 AM

The major appliances here were put in in the 90's when they built it. the ones at my house are newer. 

KittyGram
by Becky on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:05 PM

The stove was fairly new when I bought my condo 12 years ago; I replaced the fridge probably 3 years after I moved in, and the dishwasher about a year or so after that.  (My washer/dryer and water heater have both been replaced since I moved in as well, so I should be good for a while, knock on wood!)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)