Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Are you freaking serious? This is why society is going to Hell in a hand basket!

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:38 PM
  • 32 Replies

This pisses me off! Not just because I have a child with ASD but I am sick of behavior like this being excused for petty reasons:

Lauren Bush from WJLA coverage

17-year-old Lauren Bush has plead “responsible” (roughly the juvenile court equivalent of “guilty”) to misdemeanor charges of distribution of an obscene video and second-degree assault.

She had originally been charged as an adult in the crime, but the judge considered the fact that Bush had reportedly endured concussions from her time as a cheerleader, as well as other traumas from her childhood, and decided that as heinous as the crimes were, she did not deserve the prospect of being send to the local womens’ prison, so he transferred the case to the juvenile court system instead.

Her crimes were unbelievable by modern standards. She and a 15-year-old friend (who plead “responsible” and was sentenced to six years in juvenile detention last month) reportedly took an unnamed 16-year-old autistic boy by knifepoint and forced him to walk out on an icy pond. The ice was not thick enough, and he repeatedly fell into the water. They also forced the boy to attempt to have sex with his family’s dog, and tried to run the boy over with a car. They made videos of each incident, which remained on cell phones. It’s not clear if they ever attempted to upload the videos to a website.

Bush is expected to be sentenced next week.

Support cancer awareness here #mce_temp_url#

by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LadySaphira
by Lisa on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:39 PM

Adrienne suffers from TBI because of her tumors, surgery, and radiation so I guess if she goes on a killing spree and robs a bank, it won't be her fault according to this judge.

Why123
by Nancy on Jun. 2, 2014 at 2:16 PM
3 moms liked this

I think there should be no excuse for the torture they put that poor boy through.  They belong in prison.  That might give them incentive not to do it again.

KittyGram
by Becky on Jun. 2, 2014 at 2:25 PM
2 moms liked this

Wow, you're right.  This is exactly why this world is such a mess.  Sick.  

LEK19
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 2:31 PM
4 moms liked this

Seventeen is old enough to know when something is horribly wrong to do. I say try her as an adult so that she can be tracked. This kind of behavior does not usually stop and she will probably do it again. How much the fifteen year old was involved? One just needs to watch the videos to determine that. Again that is old enough to know that it is a terrible thing to do something like that. 

jabs54
by Jeanine on Jun. 2, 2014 at 2:46 PM

Wow!   Where did this happen?  Was there a big uproar?

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Jun. 2, 2014 at 2:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I happened in Maryland, and I am sure there was an uproar and will be an even bigger one (at least there should be IMO) over this judge's decision.

Quoting jabs54:

Wow!   Where did this happen?  Was there a big uproar?

atlmom2
by Susie on Jun. 2, 2014 at 3:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Crock of shit.  People need to pay for their crimes. 

louannwilkins
by Louann on Jun. 2, 2014 at 3:38 PM
2 moms liked this

That's just beyond horrible.  I'm sorry but it seems to me that as terrible as this crime is TERRIBLE punishment should follow.  Unbelievable

.Holly.
by Silver Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 7:40 PM
Wow, that's so horrible.
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:16 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 12:08 AM

That's awful :(
No excuse for what they did to that poor boy
::shaking head::

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)