Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

What do you listen too?

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2014 at 2:14 PM
  • 28 Replies

When you are in your car going from place to place or on a road trip, what do you listen to?

Do you listen to music, books, news stations, talk shows?

by on Jun. 4, 2014 at 2:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Reina13
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 2:15 PM

Usually I will listen to music but lately I have been listening to leadership books on CD. They are so interesting. 

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jun. 4, 2014 at 2:21 PM

I only listen to music, and primarily the Oldies station but only when driving around town.  if too many commericials, I'll switch over to country.

if on a road trip, I have several CDs where I've copied the music from my computer onto the CDs.  most are in MP3 format and you can sure put a lot of those on each CD! 

I've been on road trips in the last couple of years with my parents and ugh.  Dad had a CD made from a Christian Bookstore and all it is is instrumental versions of Amazing Grace.  You name it, they've got it. bagpipes.  violin.  guitar. piano.  harp.  trumpets.  One guy even plays a saw to that tune.  I mean, I like Amazing Grace but not over and over again.  :o)

Reina13
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 2:31 PM

This made me laugh. I love Amazing Grace too but I cannot even imagine listening to it over and over and over in different formats.

Quoting suzeebloch:

I only listen to music, and primarily the Oldies station but only when driving around town.  if too many commericials, I'll switch over to country.

if on a road trip, I have several CDs where I've copied the music from my computer onto the CDs.  most are in MP3 format and you can sure put a lot of those on each CD! 

I've been on road trips in the last couple of years with my parents and ugh.  Dad had a CD made from a Christian Bookstore and all it is is instrumental versions of Amazing Grace.  You name it, they've got it. bagpipes.  violin.  guitar. piano.  harp.  trumpets.  One guy even plays a saw to that tune.  I mean, I like Amazing Grace but not over and over again.  :o)

MichelleMc
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 4:22 PM

My son's bagpipe & drum band played Amazing Grace. It was always one of my favorites that way. They played it at my grandmother's Funeral at special request. My uncle said he was okay until he saw my son playing it and then he couldn't keep it in anymore. 

Quoting suzeebloch:

Michelle,
Proud Mom toJonathan, Eagle & Vigil Scout and Army Soldier 
Proud Navy Submarine Vet Wife to Jake

MichelleMc
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 4:23 PM

I listen to music. 

My husband likes to listen to books and he used to like old radio shows. 

KittyGram
by Becky on Jun. 4, 2014 at 4:55 PM

Always music.  Currently I've been listening to one of my many Pandora stations...  it's "Bread radio".  

kuntrylady56
by Gold Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 5:10 PM

Around town I usually listen to out local Rock and Roll radio station, they play agood mix of classic rock and newer.  Road trips we have a huge selection of CD's of all kinds of music.

.Holly.
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 6:07 PM
Music
mumsy2three
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 6:07 PM

Music.

Marinefranksmom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 9:53 PM

In the morning on the way to work, I need to be fixated on the traffic reports.  (I work in northern NJ not far from the George Washington Bridge, & AM traffic around here is murder!!) So, I listen to the news stations.  I drive home before rush hour so then, I listen to the classical or vintage rock music stations, or my own CD's, which consist mainly of classical music (mostly Mozart), Irish music, including Celtic Woman, Sweet Adeline barbershop quartets & learning CD's - music for my Sweet Adeline chorus.  At Christmas, I have a large selection of Christmas music CD's.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)