Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

My Recent Trip

Posted by on Jun. 5, 2014 at 4:17 PM
  • 28 Replies
1 mom liked this

I was asked to show some photos of our trip to Europe and the UK, so here are some.  Iain and I flew to Rome and spent three days there seeing the ancient sites.  They we boarded a 7-day cruise on the NCL Epic and visited ports around the Mediterranean.  After returning to Rome, we flew to Edinburgh, where Iain is from, to visit his family for a few days.   Cassidy joined us there as her job was finished, then we spent one night in London, and the three of us came home on Sunday.  i am finally adjusted to the time change. 

Inside the Coliseum 

Outside the Coliseum - and yes, I had to pay them. 

We elbowed our way through the crowds to have a photo op at the Trevi Fountain.

The floating city, the Epic, which carried 4,700 passengers plus crew. 

White Night dinner, with white wine. 

Amazing Gaudi architecture with mosaics in Barcelona.

Lemon trees on farm in Sorrento where our tour group had a wonderful Italian lunch. 

Pompeii with Mt. Vesuvius in the background

A walk along the river behind my sister-in-law's home in Edinburgh.

by on Jun. 5, 2014 at 4:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Why123
by Nancy on Jun. 5, 2014 at 4:22 PM

Wow.  It looks like you went to a lot of marvelous places.

atlmom2
by Susie on Jun. 5, 2014 at 4:25 PM

Awesome!!!  I lived in Italy for 2 years. 

DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Jun. 5, 2014 at 4:32 PM

Lucky you.  Where did you live?  Were you there for work?

Quoting atlmom2:

atlmom2
by Susie on Jun. 5, 2014 at 4:42 PM

We lived in Florence.  It was for DH's work. 

Quoting DesignGirl450:

Quoting atlmom2:

kuntrylady56
by Gold Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 5:11 PM

Looks like a wonderful trip,I'm jealous. lol  That ship is HUGE!!  I always thought it would be intersting to visit Rome to see all the collesiums and other ancient ruins, the history of it all fascinates me.

LeJane
by Bronze Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 5:25 PM

Great pictures !

So much  beauty, talent and intrigue .      Not to mention a cute couple and beautiful woman.   big smile mini   The picture of you two at the white night dinner is a great photo...  

Can we see more pictures ?  

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jun. 5, 2014 at 5:27 PM

Awesome!  Thank you so much for posting!  I guess I missed where you told us you would be going on vacation and I actually made a post asking about you!

Your pics are great!  Looks like you had a swell time!

DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Jun. 5, 2014 at 5:52 PM
1 mom liked this

We did visit Florence on the same tour when we went to Pisa.  A beautiful city, and I bought a little watercolour of the Ponte Vecchio to remind me of the day. 

Quoting atlmom2:

We lived in Florence.  It was for DH's work. 

Quoting DesignGirl450:

Quoting atlmom2:

DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Jun. 5, 2014 at 5:54 PM

Well, nice to be missed, and thanks for thinking about me.  Iain had a new little tablet with him, but it was 75 cents a minute to use WiFi, and because the tablet was brand new, and a different Windows version, he wasn't positive how to log off the WiFi, so we didn't use it on the ship, in case we would be paying 24 hours a day until we disembarked.  So I didn't keep in touch while away. 

Quoting suzeebloch:

Awesome!  Thank you so much for posting!  I guess I missed where you told us you would be going on vacation and I actually made a post asking about you!

Your pics are great!  Looks like you had a swell time!

DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Jun. 5, 2014 at 5:59 PM

I was in Europe with a girlfriend in 1985, and can't believe how much more crowded the popular tourist sites are.  We had passes in Rome so didn't have to wait, but did see people waiting for two hours in the hot sun to get tickets into the Vatican Museum and St. Peter's.  In 1985 I waited about 10 minutes, and that was early August - peak time.  It was difficult getting close to the Trevi Fountain, and last time I was able to sit and put my feet in.  Barcelona was the same, and the beautiful Park Guell with all the Gaudi pieces, you could just walk in, but it is now timed entry and you have to pay.  We couldn't go in because we had to get back to the ship and weren't able to wait 2 and 1/2 hours.  It makes me wonder how things will be in another 10 or 20 years for trying to visit these historic sites. 

Quoting kuntrylady56:

Looks like a wonderful trip,I'm jealous. lol  That ship is HUGE!!  I always thought it would be intersting to visit Rome to see all the collesiums and other ancient ruins, the history of it all fascinates me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN