Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

I want to move

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2014 at 8:46 PM
  • 80 Replies
Somewhere other then Nevada. I finally have my DH convinced to move. He is even considering down to the LA area. I'm not so sure anymore, we pay $875 for our 4 bdrm 2 bath house. I can't even find a 1 bdrm apt for what I am paying. The cheapest house I found was $2400 for a 3 bdrm. Not what I wanna pay.

So my question to you is, how is it where you live? How are people there? I am lonely here. I want to go somewhere where people are friendly and where I'll make friends easily.
by on Jun. 9, 2014 at 8:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Why123
by Nancy on Jun. 9, 2014 at 11:10 PM
1 mom liked this

I pay $735 a month for a three bedroom house.  I like it here.  Dayton is a very friendly place.

hugss
by on Jun. 10, 2014 at 12:08 AM

Where are your options?

caro100
by Carol on Jun. 10, 2014 at 12:57 AM

SW Mo. is really friendly and housing is cheap.  In central Mo and north it is higher.  Sometimes moving though is not the answer.  I had a friend that moved to Utah, Salt Lake City to be exact. you want to know about a closed community, it is Utah from what she said.  She was Episcopalian and liberal.  Oh my word.  She ended up making friends that they still visit to this day, they eventually moved to sunny Phoenix where they still live, but the point is, even though she did struggled in the beginning, she did manage to make a home that she was satisfied with.  She also learned to ski.  My point is, even if you move, you could still end up lonely.  Take an assessment of your interests.  Actuallty I like the Reno/Sparks area in Nevada.  I think it is ruggedly beautiful.  I do have cousins that live there, but believe me when I say, we would not live in each others pockets.  They would help me in the beginning and then throw me out to fly or DROP.  LOL .   It's the way we roll.You are such a caring sweet individual, join a few groups and see where it leads.  I love cafemom, but it doesn't replace a good friend where you actually live.  you might even try to meet a cafemom sister.  Evelyn and i got together and had a nice time.  We haven't met up on another date, but we talk via facebook and she knows I would be there if she had a body to bury.  Hang in there, I might just hop a plane to visit relatives and meet up with you too..

Ambear72
by Amber on Jun. 10, 2014 at 2:34 AM
At this point anywhere, except where there are tornados

Quoting hugss:

Where are your options?

Ambear72
by Amber on Jun. 10, 2014 at 2:46 AM
I have been here 15 years, I love the Reno area too, but now for me I would like it better to visit. I want to go somewhere different then Nevada. Somewhere with better family values and where things are built for Families, not just Adults. It's boring here. I'm not a drinker I dont like the taste or how I feel in the mornings. It seems most people I meet here, that's all they wanna do. I have made some great friends, most have moved away. I'm in an awkward age in my life. My kids are still young so I meet a lot if people who are in their 30s still. I'm 42, or I have friends who are older and don't really wanna do much with my family because they don't have young kids anymore. They wanna go have coffee or soda with just me and I love that. I have a few friends in Reno but they want us to go there. They won't drive the 30 minutes here. It's a tough position to be in. I know a LOT of people, but I dont have that One or Two whom I really connect with anymore.

Thanks for the wonderful and kind words, and please do let me know if you ever hop a plane out here, I'd live to meet you.

Quoting caro100:

SW Mo. is really friendly and housing is cheap.  In central Mo and north it is higher.  Sometimes moving though is not the answer.  I had a friend that moved to Utah, Salt Lake City to be exact. you want to know about a closed community, it is Utah from what she said.  She was Episcopalian and liberal.  Oh my word.  She ended up making friends that they still visit to this day, they eventually moved to sunny Phoenix where they still live, but the point is, even though she did struggled in the beginning, she did manage to make a home that she was satisfied with.  She also learned to ski.  My point is, even if you move, you could still end up lonely.  Take an assessment of your interests.  Actuallty I like the Reno/Sparks area in Nevada.  I think it is ruggedly beautiful.  I do have cousins that live there, but believe me when I say, we would not live in each others pockets.  They would help me in the beginning and then throw me out to fly or DROP.  LOL .   It's the way we roll.You are such a caring sweet individual, join a few groups and see where it leads.  I love cafemom, but it doesn't replace a good friend where you actually live.  you might even try to meet a cafemom sister.  Evelyn and i got together and had a nice time.  We haven't met up on another date, but we talk via facebook and she knows I would be there if she had a body to bury.  Hang in there, I might just hop a plane to visit relatives and meet up with you too..

MichelleMc
by Silver Member on Jun. 10, 2014 at 6:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Some days I would love to just pick up & move. Go to somewhere where NO ONE knows my name, and start fresh. No reason, just because I think it would be neat. I would love to go to a small town. 

I think every area can get to where it can be boring. I am NOT a city person in the least. But somewhere that has some activities is nice. 

suesues
by Silver Member on Jun. 10, 2014 at 6:54 AM

you can get all the people and friends you want here in NYC but the rent you pay now is unreal $875 might get you a room in a shared appt house. Be happy where you are because if you lived here all you would do is work and commute $2400 might get you a 3 bedroom apartment 

hugss
by on Jun. 10, 2014 at 8:34 AM

Every where has something sadly :(
Let us know what you decide :)

Quoting Ambear72: At this point anywhere, except where there are tornados
Quoting hugss:

Where are your options?

redneck_kids
by Bronze Member on Jun. 10, 2014 at 8:54 AM

Ca is expensive. We moved out of ca 12 years ago because of that. We moved here because of mom, she lives here. I would love to move, but cannot afford it. We own, and can't do anywhere else, mom helped us. But we would go to az or tx. 

harmony7
by Member on Jun. 10, 2014 at 9:10 AM
3 moms liked this

I have been all over this country and lived in many areas but for family values and solid Christian values we have not been able to beat the Bible Belt.

Yes ma'm and No ma'm are taught from day one not only at home but at school.  Adults are not addressed by their first name. Wednesday night youth group at the churches are Huge gatherings of kids. My boys will tell you after living out of state and coming back...they do Not want to raise their kids anywhere else..it is safe and apparently out of the norm 

Housing is cheap...I rent my 2500 sq ft rental out for $550 a month. My parents just bought a 3500 sq ft house near the lake for $199,000

My property taxes on 3 acres w/ a brick home is only $179 a Year after the age of 65 there are No property taxes.

We have a lot of personal freedoms and dont have to deal with zoning etc..your property is yours to do with as you please and that can be good and bad lol

We have mountains and lakes and the beach is in a half days drive.

I love it here...the atmoshere and the family values and the support...BUT we have tornadoes ...get a storm pit lol ;).

I wish the best in your search!

Pam in Alabama
A Mom to nine sons and one daughter with five still at home
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)