Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

At last!

Posted by on Jun. 11, 2014 at 3:56 PM
  • 17 Replies
1 mom liked this

We were able to go pick up or paperwork for out vacation/trip next week. Nothing like cutting it close,lol.  Our travel agency kind of ticked us off and I don't think we'll be using them again.  When we initially booked our trip in October and put a deposit down.  They told us then we would have our final itenerary and paperwork in May, at least a month before our trip.  Then can kept giving us reasons for the delay.

But at least we have them and I'm getting more and more excited. Now comes the fun part of getting everything packed and deciding what goes in the carry on or in the checked luggage. lol  

Any suggestions out there from some of our well traveled ladies? Of how to pack and what kind of clotes to take to Mexico on the River Maya?  They would be much appreciated. :)

by on Jun. 11, 2014 at 3:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DixieL
by Dixie on Jun. 11, 2014 at 4:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I wish I could help you, but I'm not one of the well traveled. All I want to say is have a great trip. Bring us lots of pictures and come home safe and sound. I'm really excited for you.

Dulcinea123
by on Jun. 11, 2014 at 6:54 PM

Well, congrats!  And have a great vacation. at the beach

Shari55
by on Jun. 11, 2014 at 7:25 PM

I have never been to Mexico and I wish I could go with you the River Maya sounds wonderful. I would suggest going to the Riverboat company website to see what the adverage temp is and all that. I have been on three river cruises in Europe. 

Miss Shari

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:39 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 12:02 AM

No help as not done anything like that,
How long will you  be gone for?
Have a fabulous time & take lots of pics :)

Ambear72
by Amber on Jun. 12, 2014 at 12:09 AM

I would pack some of your toiletries in you carry on. The trial sizes you get at the store for like $.98.  I would also take a spare change of clothes, just in case your luggage gets lost.  Also your bathing suit so when you get to the hotel you can just put it on and go lay by the pool if you are getting there at a good time.  

Have a wonderful trip, and Im glad you finally got your travel papers.  

suesues
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 7:11 AM

important stuff in carryon change of clothes med and toothbrush maybe tooth brush and passport 

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 7:22 AM

Can't wait to see pictures!

caro100
by Carol on Jun. 12, 2014 at 8:27 AM

Sun screen, shorts, a light jacket because it can be breezy around the ocean and it really doesn't change much temperature wise from fall to summer.  Enjoy, don't let the tour guides ply you with too many margaritas.  They will especially on the scuba/ snorkeling adventure trips and dinner cruises. Me and the ex had to really tell them NO!!!  Heck they would pour it down your throat if you were almost passed out.  Pack pepto also. Jut in case.  My son got Montezumas revenge 3rd day out, he was miserable.

darmomusaf
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 8:28 AM

Sorry, can't help with the the packing thing, but just want to wish you a happy trip filled with great memories!

jabs54
by Jeanine on Jun. 12, 2014 at 2:39 PM

Wow, that was close.  Do you have AAA?  We just use them.  HAVE A GREAT TIME!  Looking forward to seeing pictures :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN