Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

What Do You Do For Down Time?

Posted by on Jun. 11, 2014 at 6:40 PM
  • 32 Replies

Since, recently becoming, an empty-nester, and finding that I'm still quite busy, down time is rare.  But on the occasions I find myself with free time, I love taking the metro down to the beach.

I have always loved the ocean, and I find it so relaxing, even with a crowd of people.  On a sunny day, or overcast, there's just something about being at the beach that helps to melt the stress away.

{My view from the observation deck-I love my city!}

What do you Lovely Moms like to do for down time?

by on Jun. 11, 2014 at 6:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kuntrylady56
by Gold Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 7:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group. :)  I wish I still lived close enough to the beach to visit it every day. Where I used to live in MD I was within about 5-10 minute drive to the Potomac Rivers Edge and about an hour or more to the bay or ocean.  And about two or so hours to the mountains of Skyline Drive in VA.  Because when I had the time there, that where I would head also.

Now living in MO,no such luck.lol  But we still have beautiful natural spaces here and when I just need to reccollect myself thats where I head.  A walk in a quiet park or just in patch of woods does wonders for the soul.

Shari55
by on Jun. 11, 2014 at 7:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Down time???  Well when I have this wonderful time, I tend to stay busy deep cleaning, although my 25 year old daughter does a fantastic job, I like to rearrange and clean under things..LOL  I do not know how to relax in the traditional way, it is just the way I am.

Miss Shari

LeJane
by Bronze Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 8:29 PM
1 mom liked this

To totally relax,  we go to the cabin in Canada,   no phone or roads ( portage or fly in only)and amazing beauty.  

I like to stay busy..   I enjoy photography, listening to audio books while working on projects, riding ( motorcycle),  socializing, hanging with friends, house remodels and I am slowly learning guitar.    I am so busy right now that I have to squeeze in whatever I can.  

Dulcinea123
by on Jun. 11, 2014 at 9:11 PM

Quoting Shari55:

Down time???  Well when I have this wonderful time, I tend to stay busy deep cleaning, although my 25 year old daughter does a fantastic job, I like to rearrange and clean under things..LOL  I do not know how to relax in the traditional way, it is just the way I am.

Yes, down time.  Relaxing and being lazy are 2 compleltely different things.  It's not about doing "nothing", but it's about regrouping, and re-energizing.  I highly recommend that you schedule time with yourself.  It does wonders... :)

Dulcinea123
by on Jun. 11, 2014 at 9:13 PM
Quoting LeJane:

To totally relax,  we go to the cabin in Canada,   no phone or roads ( portage or fly in only)and amazing beauty.  

I like to stay busy..   I enjoy photography, listening to audio books while working on projects, riding ( motorcycle),  socializing, hanging with friends, house remodels and I am slowly learning guitar.    I am so busy right now that I have to squeeze in whatever I can.  

I love photography, too...
Dulcinea123
by on Jun. 11, 2014 at 9:17 PM

Quoting kuntrylady56:

Welcome to the group. :)  I wish I still lived close enough to the beach to visit it every day. Where I used to live in MD I was within about 5-10 minute drive to the Potomac Rivers Edge and about an hour or more to the bay or ocean.  And about two or so hours to the mountains of Skyline Drive in VA.  Because when I had the time there, that where I would head also.

Now living in MO,no such luck.lol  But we still have beautiful natural spaces here and when I just need to reccollect myself thats where I head.  A walk in a quiet park or just in patch of woods does wonders for the soul.

"Sklyline Drive," sounds beautiful!  Yes, there's nothing like being outside, whenever possible... :)

Shari55
by on Jun. 11, 2014 at 9:28 PM
2 moms liked this

I have do have time for myself every morning, before everyone gets up, I read my Bible and pray. 

Quoting Dulcinea123:

Quoting Shari55:

Yes, down time.  Relaxing and being lazy are 2 compleltely different things.  It's not about doing "nothing", but it's about regrouping, and re-energizing.  I highly recommend that you schedule time with yourself.  It does wonders... :)

Shari(8/55), wife to John(6/52) since (4/88), Mom to Heather (1/77) she is mom to five b(9/99),b(1/01),b(5/03),g(6/04) g( 8/06), Nyssa(4/89) Michaela(8/94) and three cats

Bleacheddecay
by Gold Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 9:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I wish I could just go to the beach.

I read, sit with my cat, friends or relatives I like.

Watch some TV or a movie.

Fool around on the computer.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:20 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 12:03 AM

You're so lucky to live so close to be able to do that ;)

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:20 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 12:03 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group,
I do have plenty & spend some here on CM :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)