Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Prayers requested, please (update, good news)

Posted by on Jun. 11, 2014 at 7:32 PM
  • 48 Replies

I won't be able to be at the site as much as usual because my husband will be getting heart bypass surgery tomorrow. This is unexpected, he has no symptoms, and went in because of a suspicious test result.

To add to the rain, my mom fell and broke her hip, she just came out of surgery, which they didn't think she'd survive. Yay Mom!!!

So anyway. I won't be on the computer very long today, wishing you all well and all prayers and thoughts appreciated.

Update:  I stayed at the hospital this evening until my husband's surgery was over (two way bypass) and he was in ICU. It was distressing to see him like this, a machine breathing for him, and hooked up to a wall of instruments and drips, but the nurse said by morning he'd be breathing on his own and sitting up. Thank you all for the prayers and thoughts. 

by on Jun. 11, 2014 at 7:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jun. 11, 2014 at 7:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Sending out lots of warm fuzzy thoughts for you - your husband and your mom.  Don't forget to take care of you during all this, too!

Please keep us posted when you can - a little update here and there.

Hugs to you!  :o)

Shari55
by on Jun. 11, 2014 at 7:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Sending out good thoughts for a successful surgery tomorrow and for healing of both your mom and husband.

Shari(8/55), wife to John(6/52) since (4/88), Mom to Heather (1/77) she is mom to five b(9/99),b(1/01),b(5/03),g(6/04) g( 8/06), Nyssa(4/89) Michaela(8/94) and three cats

louannwilkins
by Louann on Jun. 11, 2014 at 9:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh gosh Barb!!!!  I'm so sorry on all of it!!!  Hugs to you and your family and definitely remembering you in my prayers.  Please get on when you can and give us some updates.  My mom fell yesterday in the tub here at the beach.  Get away and relax I thought...yea right.  lol  Again....hugs and prayers going up for you all

mumsy2three
by Silver Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 9:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Good thoughts your way!

JenniferW67
by Bronze Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 9:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Prayers for strength and peace for you and healing prayers for your husband and your mom. I hope you'll check in with updates.

emmygirl31
by Angie on Jun. 11, 2014 at 9:33 PM
1 mom liked this

prayers for you, your husband and your mom.  May you all weather the storm and come out perfectly when its all done.

marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 9:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Prayers for your husband, mother and you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kuntrylady56
by Gold Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 9:40 PM
1 mom liked this

prayingWill be sending up prayers for quick healing and good health for your Mom and your husband. And calming and positive thoughts and prayers for you.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:38 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 12:03 AM
1 mom liked this

Aww .. tons of loving thoughts & prayers sent hon ;)

Ambear72
by Amber on Jun. 12, 2014 at 12:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Yay for your Mom and Im so very sorry about your Husband!!  I will be sending you lots of prayers!!  Be strong hun!  We are here if you need a little extra support and strength!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)