Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

QOTD~ 6/25/14~ Have you ever been the boss at work?

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 5:30 AM
  • 18 Replies

by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 5:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jun. 25, 2014 at 6:11 AM

yes, I have been.  I started my own medical transcription business in 1994, and from 1997 to 1999 I had MTs of my own that did the transcribing for me.  I had gone to work for a mortgage company and was divorced at that time and after dropping the kids off to school, I'd drive around town, dropping off completed work and picking up new work from my doctors, then go to the mortgage company.  My typists would come pick up their work from me and then drop off the typed work, saved on floppy disks (remember those!) by midnight at my house.  I'd get up early, like 4:30 (see, I've been an early bird for a long time!), pop the disk into my computer, format the work, proofread it and print it out, then get the kids up, breakfast, etc, take them to school and back on the road again.  I had 6 or 7 ladies during that period of time but in July 1999 sold my accounts to the best 2 ladies because the demands of the mortgage company plus my kids (Jess 19, Johnny 9) just made it too much for me to continue that pace.  I didn't have to be the early bird for a couple of years! But in 2000, one of the ladies I sold 2 accounts to lost one of the accounts (they dumped her) and was about to lose the other one, and I was able to get both back.  She kept getting behind in her work.  I'm glad I was able to get back those 2 accounts!

mumsy2three
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 8:16 AM

Nope.

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jun. 25, 2014 at 8:41 AM

Yes, I was a retail district manager and a regional training manager for years. When I was the district manager, I had 10 stores I had to oversee. When I was the training manager, I was responsible for stores in 4 states which totaled about 44 stores.   
I also an area manager (the state of Texas) for a real estate investment firm that had interests 6 different states.

darmomusaf
by Gold Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 8:43 AM

Yep, I am the head of my department, I have 5 people in my department. I guess that makes me the boss!

CometGirl
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 8:43 AM

I've owned 2 businesses.

MichelleMc
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:41 AM

I was the Photo Lab Manager for a while. 

Why123
by Nancy on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:48 AM

Yes.  When I was in Developmental Studies I was responsible for hiring and creating schedules for the tutors.  Then I was for a little while in Allied health where I had to hire and schedule lab assistants.  When they decided to increase the number of classes and drop the open lab hours it was just me.

KittyGram
by Becky on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:49 AM

I supervise one person.  

EireLass
by Gold Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:49 AM

Yes. Dog Kennel, and Dog Daycare. 

And I'm bossy anyway, so even if I wasn't the boss, I was the boss, haha. 

Pecuellar
by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 11:00 AM

many times

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)