Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Horse Back Riding

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2014 at 3:46 PM
  • 25 Replies
1 mom liked this

Does anyone have a horse here?  

When we were at the Parade on Saturday, Abby my youngest kept saying how much she wanted to ride a horse.  So I decided to put a post on FB for a local group we have here asking if anyone had a horse that would be willing to give my kids a ride.  I had a lady send me a message and today I got to take my kids to her house and they got to ride a very gentle wonderful horse.  They had a blast and thought it was so great.  She said they could go back and ride again in a couple weeks.  I am so thankful this lady looked at it from Abbys point and view and made a dream of hers come true.  

by on Jun. 26, 2014 at 3:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LadySaphira
by Lisa on Jun. 26, 2014 at 3:56 PM

I have never been on a horse but would like to try it just once. Glad the kids had fun!

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Tuesday at 11:12 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jun. 26, 2014 at 4:02 PM

Hiow awesome & sweet of that lady :)

Ambear72
by Amber on Jun. 26, 2014 at 4:25 PM

Abby looked like a natural,  Meghan not so much LOL

I hope you get your chance!

Quoting LadySaphira:

I have never been on a horse but would like to try it just once. Glad the kids had fun!

Why123
by Nancy on Jun. 26, 2014 at 4:26 PM

I had a friend who talked me into riding a horse once in Central Park.  I had trouble sitting for several days after that.

Ambear72
by Amber on Jun. 26, 2014 at 4:41 PM

How long where you on the horse for?

Quoting Why123:

I had a friend who talked me into riding a horse once in Central Park.  I had trouble sitting for several days after that.

specialwingz
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 4:46 PM

We are a hunter/jumper family. Our granddaughter has 2 horses and competes about 9 months out of the year.

Ambear72
by Amber on Jun. 26, 2014 at 4:53 PM

How awesome!  Abby would if she could.  She has always had a love for horses.

Quoting specialwingz:

We are a hunter/jumper family. Our granddaughter has 2 horses and competes about 9 months out of the year.

specialwingz
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 5:12 PM

Horses are very expensive to own.  I've had entire herds of cattle that were cheaper to maintain than these 2 horses.  LOL.

But, I will say that this sport has done a lot to improve our granddaughter's life.  She has ADHD.  And, in order to have the horses and compete, shenows she HAS to focus on it 100%.  So, the relationship with her horses has helped her learn to focus.  And, that has filtered into her school work as well.  Where she once struggled, she is now on the honor roll.  Horses can truly help accomplish amazing things.  =)

Quoting Ambear72:

How awesome!  Abby would if she could.  She has always had a love for horses.

Quoting specialwingz:

kuntrylady56
by Gold Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 5:53 PM

I've always loved horses and rode them a few times. Its wonderful your girl got to fulfill her wish.  Horses are beautiful and special animals and the bond that can be created between owner and horse is something special.  If I had the money and land I would love to have one or two, I could just stand and watch them for hours.

jabs54
by Jeanine on Jun. 26, 2014 at 9:18 PM

I love horses, hence the trip to Temple Lipizzans last weekend ;)   That is so cool the lady let your dd ride.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)