Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Vacation Pics

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2014 at 6:06 PM
Amy
  • 21 Replies

Well, I finally took my vacation!  Flew into Columbus on Saturday with my brother and my mother picked us up at the airport.  From there we drove the 45 minutes to my Uncle's farm in Dresden, OH.  I was blown away, to say the least.  He has had this property for quite a while, but I hadn't been there.  I hadn't been to Ohio since 2004!  Our family had a family reunion at their house.  The majority of my maternal family lives in northern Ohio...

Our family camped out on his land in tents and campers, and there was actually plenty of room for people to sleep in the house if they wanted to.  I wish I would have taken pictures of the house- it was so pretty.  

My sister drove in from IL, so after the reunion my sister, mother, brother and I all went back to my mother's house in Findlay, OH.  That is where I was born at and lived until we moved to the Chicago area when I was 12.  It was so nostalgic being there.  I love the older houses with the big porches--everything here is just so new and you don't always see spacious porches.

Well, I had an absolute wonderful time.  It was so wonderful to see my family that I hadn't seen in 10 years!!

Enough talk!  Here are some pictures:

They live close by Longeberger (sp?) basket, so here is the huge basket office building!

The view from my uncle's office window...yeah, I could wake up to that every morning

Some of us getting ready to watch paintball...

View from the house on the hill looking down to his barn across the road

Some of his wife's beautiful horses...you can see the house at the top of the hill...

These two were awesome..they would fight for attention from me!

This is the porch swing at my mother's house.  I asked her why it was backwards.  She said that she didn't want to have to look at traffic and was turning her back on society, LOL.  

Me and my lovely mother!  What an awesome lady...

I got back to Dallas at about midnight on Wednesday.  My flight was delayed by about 2.5 hours, so needless to say I was exhausted.  Exhausted but ecstatically happy.  I loved seeing my family and hanging out in my old hometown.  It made me a little misty eyed, but I just made a promise to myself that I would go back every year for the family reunion from now on!

by on Jun. 27, 2014 at 6:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amylulu1
by Amy on Jun. 27, 2014 at 6:07 PM

FYI- I just re-read my post and I meant that I was born in Findlay--that isn't the house I was raised in-we moved quite a bit when I was a kid!

kuntrylady56
by Gold Member on Jun. 27, 2014 at 6:18 PM

It looks like a beautiful place,the farm is very pretty with all the rolling hills. It looks like you made a lot of great memories too.  I miss our family reunions we used to have when I was younger,its such a great tradition.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:39 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jun. 27, 2014 at 6:34 PM

Wow how neat to see all that land & other cool things there,
Love the pics.
glad you were able to visit with your family :)

fern624
by Member on Jun. 27, 2014 at 9:52 PM

Thats great...Thats a good oic. of you and your mom...The pic.'s you took are very beautiful...Thanks for sharing your vacation with us...(HUGS)

LadyDiamond927
by Silver Member on Jun. 28, 2014 at 12:06 AM

Great pics, glad you had a great vacation :)

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Jun. 28, 2014 at 10:54 AM

beautiful pics, looks like you had a great time. I would have chose to sleep in the hosue though, I hate camping LOL

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jun. 28, 2014 at 11:04 AM
1 mom liked this

Awesome pics and I agree I could wake up to looking at the countryside like that, too!  It's great you had such an awesome time and were able to get away like that!

KittyGram
by Becky on Jun. 28, 2014 at 11:13 AM
1 mom liked this
Awesome pics! That's some beautiful countryside!
Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Jun. 28, 2014 at 11:45 AM
1 mom liked this

What great pics. Glad you had a good time.

LEK19
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:36 AM
1 mom liked this

That farm looks like a awesome place!

Glad you went and had a great time. I hope you do make it there every year.

My hometown is only about an hour away from here.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN