Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

What are you doing today.....Friday, Saturday and Sunday?

Posted by on Jul. 4, 2014 at 7:49 AM
  • 38 Replies

come tell us....

by on Jul. 4, 2014 at 7:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louannwilkins
by Louann on Jul. 4, 2014 at 7:51 AM

Good morning....power went out last night thanks to hurricane Arthur.  It went right over where I am at my aunt's house.  It wasn't too bad though.  We were on the west side of the eye so the worst weather was on the east side of the storm.   The power went out about 10 45 and came back on some time in the middle of the night.  I was / am SO tired.  lol  Anyway...Happy 4th of July and TGIF.  Hope you all have a great day   :)

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jul. 4, 2014 at 7:58 AM
1 mom liked this

good morning!  I was thinking about you, Lou Ann, and Arthur when I saw the weather map.  So glad it wasn't too bad. 

I reset my alarms for 4 am this morning, and crawled outta bed shortly after 5.  Last night around 10, I heard fireworks - there must have been a display somewhere but I couldn't see anything from my bedroom window. 

I'm pretty sure my early-morning work doctors are not seeing patients today.  If they are, they didn't get their work back today from yesterday!

I'm off to a fairly decent start with the FL group.  It will be interesting to see how long the work holds out today and over the weekend. 

I don't have any plans for today - if Johnny was in town, we'd be heading out to watch one of the displays tonight but I can't imagine doing that solo and fighting the crowds. 

I am so very thankful to have been born an American though!  Thanks to all who serve and have served our country to keep us independent and free!

LEK19
by Platinum Member on Jul. 4, 2014 at 9:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Gee! Glad there was no other damage. I have never experienced a hurricane. We get some storms with high winds but that is about it. Have fun today with your Aunt!

Quoting louannwilkins:

Good morning....power went out last night thanks to hurricane Arthur.  It went right over where I am at my aunt's house.  It wasn't too bad though.  We were on the west side of the eye so the worst weather was on the east side of the storm.   The power went out about 10 45 and came back on some time in the middle of the night.  I was / am SO tired.  lol  Anyway...Happy 4th of July and TGIF.  Hope you all have a great day   :)

LEK19
by Platinum Member on Jul. 4, 2014 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Just enjoying some computer time while the kids are sleeping. My Son#2 came in last night. This morning I will be making scrambled eggs and ham, one of his favorites. We have a parade to go to at 11:00. Don has to work a half-day and use the car so I am glad that Justin is here to take us to the parade or Anna would miss out today. They do fireworks later over the lake in three towns so we will probably see those, too. A friend was planning a 4th gathering at his place that we were invited to but some marital problems are popping up and his wife nixxed it.

There will be a classic car parade/cruise through town here tonight at 7:30. We might check that out. 

Planning on cooking brats and salaminis later. Not sure about the sides. With just the four of us here, I don't want to make too much. Justin follows a protein diet and he is diabetic so he watches what he eats. He does treat himself from time to time and when he is visiting. He is into body building and cross-fit training - hoping to compete at cross-fit sometime.

Hope everyone has an enjoyable 4th - whatever you do!

kuntrylady56
by Gold Member on Jul. 4, 2014 at 9:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Good Morning! I was wondering if you were in th emiddle of that stoem or not. Glad you're all safe. Will be keeping all that were in harms way in my prayers.

Today I really have no plans unless I get together with my daughter and her family.Larry ahs to work. :(  I'm getting ready to head over to the big DAV thrift shop in a few minutes,the whole store is 50% off today,so am hoping I can find some clothes for the grandkids to start school off with,plus they're all growing so fast.

Tomorrow weveing LArry and I are going to see JAckson Browne in concert downtown and have a bite to eat.

Sunday will be just relaxing most of the day and if it dosen't rain we may go to the drive in.

Have a wonderful weekend.

bluebunnybabe
by Member on Jul. 4, 2014 at 9:52 AM
1 mom liked this
Working! All three days! About to head that way after my coffee.
KittyGram
by Becky on Jul. 4, 2014 at 10:01 AM
1 mom liked this
Glad to hear you're safe, LouAnn.

I'll be going to my daughter's at around 4 or so.... She's doing the BBQ. Then fireworks with them later. We walk about a block and a half... View isn't spectacular, but it's not too bad.

The rest of the weekend is going to be quiet. I'm going to get more done in the craft room. I've dragged that project out far too long.
Manth
by Member on Jul. 4, 2014 at 10:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Friday - grocery shopping <sigh> and DD#2 had her last exam for the semester.  That means she and her sister are free until July 28th when Second Semester starts up.

Saturday will probably be our weekly Dungeons and Dragons game.  I met my DH playing some 30 years ago and we're still adventuring and having fun with it!

Sunday will be a visit to my very dear MIL, who will feed us a delightful afternoon tea (as she always does!) and fill me in on what she's been up to for the week.  She has some more paperwork (hopefully the last of it!) to finalise my FIL's estate (he passed away Easter Monday) that she will probably want me to go through for her.

darmomusaf
by Gold Member on Jul. 4, 2014 at 10:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Trying to get some cleaning done this morning, moving some furniture that we have stored for DS this afternoon (he finally found a new apartment, no pets, so we will still have the dog), and I think we will just enjoy a quiet evening at home before the big community celebration we have tomorrow.

I will be selling chances on some baskets for the auxiliary of the facility where I work and making Ice Cream Floats and Flower Necklaces for my church. We were able to get the two stands right next to each other. We have been invited to a block party tomorrow evening and then the fireworks. I think I will be at home for them since we don't know how DS's pup reacts to all the noise.

I think that Sunday we will have a family day and maybe go to a near by state park and do a little hiking. What ever we do, this weekend is sure to fly by!

Shari55
by on Jul. 4, 2014 at 11:23 AM
1 mom liked this

This is my husbands and my first fourth just the two of us...we have no plans except to bbq some Lamb Kabobs(sp) and have some Pilaf and brownies later. We might go outside to see some fireworks, that are around our neighborhood. 

Right now I am watching "Independence Day" on Encore, and am hopeing that TCM will play some classic movies.

Nothing planned for tomorrow and I work on Sunday

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN