Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Do you iron your clothes?

Posted by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 10:04 AM
  • 24 Replies

I was talking to my mom on the phone yesterday while we were both doing laundry. After a bit of conversation she had to go so she could start ironing. When she does laundry, she will immediately iron and hang up the clothes. My grandmother used to do the same thing.
Me, I fold and  hang everything and if it needs to be ironed when it is time to wear it, I either iron or steam the wrinkles out in the dryer.

Do you iron your clothes when they first come out of the dryer or do you wait until you need to wear them? Or do you iron at all?

by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 10:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jul. 7, 2014 at 10:11 AM
1 mom liked this

pfffft ironing.  ha. 

when I worked at the law firm there were only a couple of clothes that I had to iron but I only wore those when nothing else was available.  lol. 

darmomusaf
by Gold Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 10:12 AM

I don't iron at all and the only reason we have an iron in the house is for DD and her sewing projects. I will say that I used to iron, but what's the sense, I don't really need to if I hang everything up right away.

Reina13
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 10:12 AM

That is exactly how I feel....lol

Quoting suzeebloch:

pfffft ironing.  ha. 

when I worked at the law firm there were only a couple of clothes that I had to iron but I only wore those when nothing else was available.  lol. 

Why123
by Nancy on Jul. 7, 2014 at 10:39 AM
1 mom liked this

I never iron anything.  I am old and I really don't care about wrinkles.

ChitownLady
by Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 11:21 AM

I usually just hang them when they come out of the dryer, and iron when needed. But when I am on vacation, I usually try to iron everything as soon as I unpack that way I don't have to worry about last minute changes of plans, everything is ready.

Reina13
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 11:26 AM

I have to admit that when I went to the store yesterday, I saw a woman about my moms age who had the same pair of linen capris that I have. They were perfectly starched, ironed and had a nice crease in them. I thought to myself, 'they never look that good when I wear them'. It was enough to give me pause and think, maybe I SHOULD iron them next time instead of just immediately hanging them. But I got over that feeling pretty quickly....lol

mumsy2three
by Silver Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 11:54 AM

I rarely iron anything. If there is something that needs to be ironed I'll do it right  before wearing it.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jul. 7, 2014 at 12:31 PM

Quoting Reina13:

I have to admit that when I went to the store yesterday, I saw a woman about my moms age who had the same pair of linen capris that I have. They were perfectly starched, ironed and had a nice crease in them. I thought to myself, 'they never look that good when I wear them'. It was enough to give me pause and think, maybe I SHOULD iron them next time instead of just immediately hanging them. But I got over that feeling pretty quickly....lol

Linens are the worst and are hard as heck to iron smooth to begin with and then wrinkle quickly.  I supposed starching them would help - or just don't buy linen!!

I loved sewing with challis - for blouses and dresses - had such a wonderful feel to it and draped really well.  It ironed so beautifully always but then did tend to wrinkle pretty quickly again. 

atlmom2
by Gold Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 12:32 PM

No, but if it has to be ironed it goes to the cleaners because I don't do it.

Mariagma3
by Silver Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 1:28 PM

NO! If I have somewhere important to be (like an interview), then yes, I might. Other than that, heck with it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)