Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

What are you doing today.....Tuesday?

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2014 at 5:22 AM
  • 30 Replies

come tell us....

by on Jul. 8, 2014 at 5:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louannwilkins
by Louann on Jul. 8, 2014 at 5:24 AM

Hello ladies....ugh...too early!!!  lol I just want to go back to sleep!!!!  LOL  Coffee should be done soon and I'm more than ready. 

I've got a couple of houses today and I'm hoping it won't be a stressful day like yesterday.  Have a good day!   :)

MichelleMc
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 5:29 AM

Up early for work. Back at it & I sure didn't miss it. Very very tired for sure. Working on & off a bit, then need to do laundry from the camp trip & clean up. 

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jul. 8, 2014 at 5:31 AM

Well you sure are up early, Lou Ann!

You know, yesterday morning I got up at 2 since I had been tossing and turning since 1 a.m.  I ended up taking a power nap around 10:30, then when I stopped working at 4, I sat on the couch to read and ended up dozing off for about 30 minutes.  I actually had lights out at 7 last night.

then, around midnight, I heard spinning wheels right outside my bedroom window.  At first it didn't register, then I'm thinking that's some drunk person who got stuck on the lawn in front of my apartment and they're gonna come crashing thru my bedroom window!  So I got up, and went outside for a looksee.  A large tree had crashed !!!  and it was blocking the street so I guess the city sent a bulldozer to move it back to the yard.  Once I knew no one was going to come crashing thru my window (the bottom of my window is at ground level and my bed right in front of that), I went back to bed.  Then at 2 a.m. my neighbor upstairs got home.  He's been out of town since July 1 (I took him to the airport.)  Well, he must have gotten a ride from a girlfriend because just before I needed to crawl out of bed, here come the rhythmic SQUEAKS.  LOL.  So I was up shortly after 3.  

It did rain here last night although my unit is so well insulated I didn't hear anything.  But my screen door was all wet and had water dripping from it, so I know the wind must have been blowing the rain horizontally!  Otherwise normal rain doesn't reach my door.  lol.

I have half my early-morning work done and then I'll get started with the FL group.

that's it for now, from soggy (and cool) Mission, Kansas!  :o)

louannwilkins
by Louann on Jul. 8, 2014 at 6:08 AM

I didn't miss it either!  lol  Have a good one  :)

Quoting MichelleMc:

Up early for work. Back at it & I sure didn't miss it. Very very tired for sure. Working on & off a bit, then need to do laundry from the camp trip & clean up. 

louannwilkins
by Louann on Jul. 8, 2014 at 6:10 AM

Well I'm glad the tree didn't fall on your building!  And wow...can't he DO it at a decent hour????   LOL  Just kidding....hope you have a good day.  A nap might be in my future when I get home today....we'll see.  :)

Quoting suzeebloch:

Well you sure are up early, Lou Ann!

You know, yesterday morning I got up at 2 since I had been tossing and turning since 1 a.m.  I ended up taking a power nap around 10:30, then when I stopped working at 4, I sat on the couch to read and ended up dozing off for about 30 minutes.  I actually had lights out at 7 last night.

then, around midnight, I heard spinning wheels right outside my bedroom window.  At first it didn't register, then I'm thinking that's some drunk person who got stuck on the lawn in front of my apartment and they're gonna come crashing thru my bedroom window!  So I got up, and went outside for a looksee.  A large tree had crashed !!!  and it was blocking the street so I guess the city sent a bulldozer to move it back to the yard.  Once I knew no one was going to come crashing thru my window (the bottom of my window is at ground level and my bed right in front of that), I went back to bed.  Then at 2 a.m. my neighbor upstairs got home.  He's been out of town since July 1 (I took him to the airport.)  Well, he must have gotten a ride from a girlfriend because just before I needed to crawl out of bed, here come the rhythmic SQUEAKS.  LOL.  So I was up shortly after 3.  

It did rain here last night although my unit is so well insulated I didn't hear anything.  But my screen door was all wet and had water dripping from it, so I know the wind must have been blowing the rain horizontally!  Otherwise normal rain doesn't reach my door.  lol.

I have half my early-morning work done and then I'll get started with the FL group.

that's it for now, from soggy (and cool) Mission, Kansas!  :o)

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 6:17 AM

Wow, Louann, you were up early! 

I was too! DS#1 started his summer job yesterday. He had the choice of days or afternoons. He picked days. Which is great because I know I can get him to work everyday but he starts at 6am!!! UGH! 

I got DS#1 dropped off and now I have to get ready for work. 8-3:30. Home to dinner and maybe some shopping with DS#2. He is painting his room and wants to stencil words on the wall but we couldn't find the right stencil yesterday. I told him we would shop around. 

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jul. 8, 2014 at 7:04 AM

Just went outside really quick to look at that tree that fell down last night, now that the sun is coming up.  One of the local news channels is out there filming it!  It took out the stop sign/street sign, too.  I'll check a little later on and see if they post a news clip about it. 

edited just now (6:40).  Here is a clip ... when she said it didn't affect the street - well duh.  she didn't know a bulldozer was out there at midnight pushing it off the street.  LOL.  You'll have to copy the URL below and paste into your browser.

http://fox4kc.com/2014/07/08/power-outages-tree-branches-crack-in-overnight-storm/#ooid=M5cndxbjooZEmLugf7K7IrDq5AtM0GCN

mumsy2three
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 7:41 AM

Not too much going on today. I have to go to the pharmacy, drop some books off at the library. This evening I am going to a Pampered Chef party.

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Jul. 8, 2014 at 8:06 AM

So far nothing. I woke up at 6am because it is to muggy to sleep, way to early for me with my normal schedual

darmomusaf
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 8:55 AM

Working and then hoping for a quiet evening at home. I want to finish a book that I am reading. "The Book Thief".  There is a movie also, but I'm not sure if I will be watching it. I will be starting "the Zookeepers Wife" next. I have been reading a lot of books about the holocaust lately.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)