Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

QOTD~~ 7/9/14~ How long can you stay awake if needed?

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2014 at 2:14 AM
  • 14 Replies

by on Jul. 9, 2014 at 2:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DixieL
by Dixie on Jul. 9, 2014 at 3:02 AM

When I was younger and working graveyard, my friend and I got off at eight on Friday morning, and went to San Diego.They have a big Navy Base there, where we met some guys. We stayed up all weekend. We went back home Sunday night, just in time for work. I went to work, but Debbie didn't. I stayed awake until Monday afternoon. It's the first and only time I had hallucinations. Lol.

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 3:07 AM
1 mom liked this

OMG!! That's a long time! 

Quoting DixieL:

When I was younger and working graveyard, my friend and I got off at eight on Friday morning, and went to San Diego.They have a big Navy Base there, where we met some guys. We stayed up all weekend. We went back home Sunday night, just in time for work. I went to work, but Debbie didn't. I stayed awake until Monday afternoon. It's the first and only time I had hallucinations. Lol.

DixieL
by Dixie on Jul. 9, 2014 at 3:13 AM

Quoting Cindy18:

OMG!! That's a long time! 

Quoting DixieL:

We were having fun with the guys, so at the time it didn't seem bad. Once I got to work, it was horrible. I never had hallucinations in my life, but that night I did. Our boss knew that Debbie and I were going to San Diego together, so we both couldn't call in. Debbie did, so I had to go to work. It was hard. Lol.

MichelleMc
by on Jul. 9, 2014 at 4:27 AM

I really don't know. I have a hard time with staying awake sometimes or sleep. Though this week I have been waking up before my alarm & going to bed way later than I should be, so I am dragging. 

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jul. 9, 2014 at 5:05 AM

going to/from Japan last summer, I had to be awake for a lot longer than I am used to.  I know if I am up longer than usual I tend to get brain fog!!

mumsy2three
by Silver Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 8:38 AM

I've been up for more than 24hours before due to insomnia. I hate it I get really loopy (well loopier than usual) and head-achy.

Bleacheddecay
by Gold Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:33 AM

Not sure. At 50 it was two weeks with less than 8 hours of sleep total.

Why123
by Nancy on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:43 AM

I used to be able to be up all night and go to work the next morning.  I am old now and have a problem staying up much past 10 pm.

LEK19
by Platinum Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 3:23 PM

I am not sure. When I have had to stay awake for long periods it was not under very good circumstances so I don't really remember. A long time....if need be.

Esmrlda
by Esme on Jul. 9, 2014 at 6:25 PM

I pretty much stayed awake for 27 hours when we flew to Thailand.  So 27 hours it is.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN