Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

What are you doing today.....Tuesday?

Posted by on Jul. 15, 2014 at 6:28 AM
  • 20 Replies

come tell us....

by on Jul. 15, 2014 at 6:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louannwilkins
by Louann on Jul. 15, 2014 at 6:29 AM

Good morning.....got a busy day today.  I want to do as much as I can today since tomorrow I'll go with my mom to the endocrinologist appt.  Say a little prayer about that.  Hope you all have a good day.  :)

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 6:33 AM
1 mom liked this

Good Morning!! I have to work 8-3:30. Then home to get some stuff done!! I have to do Boy Scout paperwork and make sure we are ready for Summer Camp on the 26th. I have to fold clothes and probably start more laundry. I have to give my DD directions to my DS's workplace so she can pick him up later in the week. 

Have a great day everyone!

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jul. 15, 2014 at 7:06 AM
1 mom liked this

good morning! 

Yesterday, I stopped working at noon and at 1:00 sat in on my mom's followup appointment.  Dad and I don't think the Remeron is really doing much for mom (antidepressant - doc thinks her "dementia is caused by depression).  However, mom's BP was 198/89 both at the beginning of the exam, and 90 minutes later at the end.  And it was high at her first visit 6 weeks ago.  Mom likes this doc, who happens to also be a general practitioner specializing in geriatric patients, so mom is going to switch from her current Duck Doctor to this one.  And so she doubled mom's BP meds.  Mom did had lab work done also to see what else may be going on.  She will have an MRI next Monday, and a return visit a week after that.  Doc says elevated BP can cause confusion but more importantly could cause a stroke, so she wants to get that under control.  WHEW.

After that, ran out to my daughter's work to get her signature on release form for pics of Johnny for that show that will air this fall.

Then I ran over to Margo's to check her computer.  When I left Margo's, my CHECK ENGINE SOON light freaking came on.  UGH.  Swung by Goodyear but they couldn't get me in (it was 4:30 and they close at 6).  So I'll go there tomorrow.  Today's the last day of the payperiod so I'm gonna sit here and work all day long.  lol.

OK.  other than that, it's a WONDERFUL 56° outside!  I'm wearing my slippers and my hoodie and capri stretchy pants.  lol.

Gotta get back to work now!  Have a Glorious Tuesday, everyone!

darmomusaf
by Gold Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 7:07 AM
1 mom liked this

Off to work for me this morning! We may just be spending a quiet night at home, only one this week. I have a meeting tomorrow night, DD and I are hosting a Jamberry party on Thursday, and Friday, I'll be working on the finishing touches for VBS decorating. I'm thinking a night on the front porch swing with a book and some iced tea are in order!!

Shari55
by on Jul. 15, 2014 at 8:03 AM
1 mom liked this

I think today I will end up having a good cry....between my little Aidan moving and my hubby in the hospital...I am more stressed than I thought. It is in the 50's out this morning...the ac is going to love the rest..as I am enjoying the fresh cool air.

I do have things to do, top on the list is getting boxes ready to send to my youngest in Washington. I also want to go get pots for my indoor plants..so going to Lowes for them.

**** Update******

My husband was released from the hospital!!!! Also my new client had her baby on Sunday, a girl she was 8lbs.5oz and 20 inches long. They named her Nora Marie (love the name). So it has been a great day.

My Second career, Nanny..self employed at last

Shari

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Jul. 15, 2014 at 8:47 AM
1 mom liked this

taking my mom to get her colonoscopy at 12, maybe going to BINGO with my SIL tonight (if she gets the check she is expecting), her treat

FrankMamma
by Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 9:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Laundry, we just got back from visiting MIL, and getting hubby ready to go back to work.

LEK19
by Platinum Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 9:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Hoping all goes well tomorrow and you have a productive day!

Quoting louannwilkins:

Good morning.....got a busy day today.  I want to do as much as I can today since tomorrow I'll go with my mom to the endocrinologist appt.  Say a little prayer about that.  Hope you all have a good day.  :)

mumsy2three
by Silver Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 9:27 AM
1 mom liked this

Right now I am waiting for the plumber. Our toilet took a crap (haha) and we need a professional to fix it. He's supposed to be here before lunch. I hope he's here sooner rather than later. My son and I have plans to go see Earth to Echo since it's $5 ticket day at the theater. I also need to work on some of my on linetraining for work.  I keep putting them off :/

LEK19
by Platinum Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 9:30 AM

That is a cool day for you, isn't it? We had 53 when I got up this morning. It does look like the sun is coming out and warming things up a bit.

Yeah, it is good to get a handle on that high blood pressure. It can also cause bad headaches and dizziness. I have to take meds but I had mine cut down last time I was in. Instead of two I take one med. I am due for a re-evaluation, though. I hope you can get to the bottom of things.

Quoting suzeebloch:

good morning! 

Yesterday, I stopped working at noon and at 1:00 sat in on my mom's followup appointment.  Dad and I don't think the Remeron is really doing much for mom (antidepressant - doc thinks her "dementia is caused by depression).  However, mom's BP was 198/89 both at the beginning of the exam, and 90 minutes later at the end.  And it was high at her first visit 6 weeks ago.  Mom likes this doc, who happens to also be a general practitioner specializing in geriatric patients, so mom is going to switch from her current Duck Doctor to this one.  And so she doubled mom's BP meds.  Mom did had lab work done also to see what else may be going on.  She will have an MRI next Monday, and a return visit a week after that.  Doc says elevated BP can cause confusion but more importantly could cause a stroke, so she wants to get that under control.  WHEW.

After that, ran out to my daughter's work to get her signature on release form for pics of Johnny for that show that will air this fall.

Then I ran over to Margo's to check her computer.  When I left Margo's, my CHECK ENGINE SOON light freaking came on.  UGH.  Swung by Goodyear but they couldn't get me in (it was 4:30 and they close at 6).  So I'll go there tomorrow.  Today's the last day of the payperiod so I'm gonna sit here and work all day long.  lol.

OK.  other than that, it's a WONDERFUL 56° outside!  I'm wearing my slippers and my hoodie and capri stretchy pants.  lol.

Gotta get back to work now!  Have a Glorious Tuesday, everyone!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN