Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

QOTD-- 7/17/14- If I came to your home town to visit, What would we do?

Posted by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 6:15 AM
  • 19 Replies

by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 6:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jul. 17, 2014 at 6:22 AM

come to KC over the Christmas holidays and I'll take you to see the Plaza Lights.  They are simply gorgeous.  I'll treat you to KC BBQ, too. 

CometGirl
by Silver Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 8:18 AM

We would go to the new swimming pool and to the local museum.

mumsy2three
by Silver Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 9:19 AM

We'd tour of the Gettysburg battlefield. We'd stop to climb the rocks at Devil's Den and the "castle" at little round top. If you really wanted to go for a hike we could climb big round top.

Shari55
by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 9:51 AM

Gee here in Chicago I don't know there is so much to do and see....I think we would go to "The Mag" to window shop(all of the stores there are designer and high end) to make fun of some of the outragous fashions. Then I think we would go to Grant Park to see the fountain, it is really pretty at night. Maybe a museum if you wanted or the zoo.

There is so much it is hard to decide.......

emmygirl31
by Angie on Jul. 17, 2014 at 9:55 AM

not much to do in my town, unless you want to see the state university-if we went about 15 miles, we could go to Princeton, which is a very quaint town that everyone loves.  We could go to NYC if you wanted to travel 30 miles.

EireLass
by Gold Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 10:04 AM

I live in a very small town (850 people). It's mostly a farming community. So if you like farm animals, there'd be plenty to see. The only thing in town is 1 small store/cafe. It's interesting to people because the only things sold here are locally grown or made. From meats, to dairy, veggies, candy. There is also handmade items like pottery, jewelry, artwork, knitted things. 

BUT....I'm 20 minutes to the coast (midcoast Maine).....so there's plenty of seaside tourist stuff to do. In the other direction are the mountains and woods. 

kuntrylady56
by Gold Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 10:23 AM

Depending on what you like to do we could go to the art museum and see local artist works. I could show you the metal sculpture locals call "french fries" because it looks like french fries stacked on top. We could go down town and go into some of the small shops and eat lunch at one of the many locally own and ran resturaunts,about any cuisine you can think of.

I would take to you to the first and original "BASS PRO"  so you could see there inside aquarium and all the other interesting things they have. We can go a guided ghost tour at the Pythian Castle.Go to Fantastic Caverns,one of the only drive thru caverns in the states. We would ride threw on electic ran jeeps.

Then 45 minutes drive from here we have Branson and Silver Dollar City. Table Rock LAke or we can go to tthe LAke of THe Ozarks which is just about an hour away. There is so much beautiful scenery to see and quaint l ittle towns.

There is alot to see and do. We also have plenty of parks and walking trails, historical sights too.

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Jul. 17, 2014 at 11:49 AM

I would take you to Rock City Park and "squirrel hunting"

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Jul. 17, 2014 at 11:52 AM
1 mom liked this

I got to see Gettysburg a few years ago, would love to have the money to go back some day.

Quoting mumsy2three:

We'd tour of the Gettysburg battlefield. We'd stop to climb the rocks at Devil's Den and the "castle" at little round top. If you really wanted to go for a hike we could climb big round top.

Support cancer awareness here #mce_temp_url#

KittyGram
by Becky on Jul. 17, 2014 at 11:59 AM

This is Chicagoland, what's NOT to do!!! : )

I live in a far west suburb, but it's still close enough to enjoy the city.  And far enought that the country is just a short drive too.  And will so many suburbs around that offer so many great things, we wouldn't be bored!!!

But of course, you all know how much I like food (thus, the need for weight loss!!! HA!!)  If you're adventurous, there are so many different ethnic restaurants, even near my home, that we could practically eat our way around the world, and not leave the county!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN